Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:01 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dogcam Bullet and Lcd Mirror fitted
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 pm 

Hi All :)

Due to my Nitrous bottles overheating under the rear hatch in the summer, I had some "Limo Tint" fitted to the rear hatch and both rear quarter glasses...

It cured my over heating problems with the bottles but as it cuts down incoming light by 95% and it also cuts down outgoing vision.

The view in my interior mirror was like late dusk even on a sunny day, and the speed I travel I knew that sooner or later I might miss a car with blue lights behind me lol :)

So I have just fitted a Bullet cam into the rear PU and a 7 inch LCD rear view screen/mirror....

Pictures....

The pictures of the screen were taken at night and do not show how good a screen it is, during daylight hours its in stunning colour and when the light drops below 1 lux the camera automatically changes to black and white, although I must admit that even that black/white image is better than anyones normal vision through a rear view at night.....its not quite night vision but very very close.

The Dogcam bullet camera is 19 mm in diameter and as you can see is hardly noticeable on the rear PU, although I did wince a bit when drilling and holecutting that hole :(

Both the camera which also has a spare video input and remote control and the LCD screen use less than 10 watts each.

The camera with fittings and 5 metre cables was around £200 and the Screen was £70.

Its not something that most 928 owners would need for rear visibility but I must say I am REALLY impressed with the quality, particularly of the camera :)

I can also add 3 more cameras with a multiplexer and Dvr recorder for my runs if I wish :)

All the best Brett :)

Post subject: Re: Dogcam Bullet and Lcd Mirror fitted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 am 

TIPEC membership: 666
i have one of their cameras too, good stuff, in fact, i think its better at night?

Post subject: Re: Dogcam Bullet and Lcd Mirror fitted
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am 

demonfish wrote:
i have one of their cameras too, good stuff, in fact, i think its better at night?

Hi :)

I know its better than my ancient eyesight at night lol, plus you can up the brightness on that LCD screen to make it even better....

I am going to change the lens in the camera for more of a telescopic one so cars behind me are much closer...only a tenner for a different lens as well :)

All the best Brett :)