Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 928
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:28 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi everybody out there just joined the forum as the time as come for me to start looking for a nice example of a 928 been looking for a while but not seen anything I fancy as of yet looking for some help or knowledge of one for sale thanks terry

Post subject: Re: 928
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:17 pm 

Hi Terry :)

You could ring Paul Anderson who fixes most 928s in the UK... he usually either has a few for sale or knows of some....

>>>>> http://www.nixsoft-consulting.co.uk/928spares/

What Paul doesnt know about 928s isnt worth knowing lol :)

Most 928 owners will always go with you to look at a 928 , if its local to us....I certainly will if its near Bournemouth....

What budget have you got and what model are you looking for ?

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi Brett thanks for reply I'm up north in Leeds I suppose paul Anderson is down near you if you know of a 928 for sale let me know got 10-15k what do you I would get cheers Terry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:01 pm 

Terry bailey wrote:
Hi Brett thanks for reply I'm up north in Leeds I suppose paul Anderson is down near you if you know of a 928 for sale let me know got 10-15k what do you I would get cheers Terry

Hi Terry :)

Paul A is in STROUD... but hes so good people go to him from all over the UK...I do and its over 100 miles for me....

928S are going up in value rapidly at the moment, which is both good and bad lol...in your position...

for that money you are looking at a good S2 or an decent S4...NOT ENOUGH for a GTS

The main thing is to make sure its in good condition...have it checked by an expert like Paul...or someone local to you who KNOWS 928s...

Generally speaking 928 mechanicals are bulletproof... engines gearboxes etc...the electrics are a different matter lol....never really serious problems but things like the electric windows stop working or sunroofs or locks or cruise control or alarms....so if you buy one make SURE ALL the electrics work.....

One final piece of advice I used to give to prospective 928 owners when I used to be the PCGB 928 Moderator...

The Aircon NEVER EVER just needs regassing lol.....(thats a 928 joke) ...once you look at Ebay ads you will see LOTS of adverts that say that :) :) :)

But finally , when I go out to my 928 every morning (daily driver) and that huge V8 rumbles into life it puts a smile on my face all day :) :)

All the best Brett :)