Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:12 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Not my week.... attempted 928 break in.....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:24 pm 

Hi All :)

Monday night someone broke my passenger window in an attempted break in on my 928 :(

It was in my drive under the automatic security lights....

When they got close enough to the car to smash the glass, my Clifford alarm (which talks) said "Defence system activated and Video recording started"

He then ran off with the alarm sounding (REALLY loudly) lol....

No sign of him by the time I got outside (3 am) ......

So I rang Paul Anderson, as I was desperate to get another passenger window....

He said no problem , will put on on a carrier in an hour and it arrived the next morning....

I rang Paul to ask how much, and he said you have had enough bad luck lately, the carrier was £15... thats enough :)

So no charge at all for the glasss itself :)

I hate to think how much an OPC would charge...

Will fit it later this week.

Now I have to try and discourage any other thieving scrotes... so I think I will fit a beam across my large gate , I will use a waterproof, wireless one which will send a signal to a receiver inside the house and chime or set off a siren , whenever someone enters the gate....

All the best Brett :)

Post subject: Re: Not my week.... attempted 928 break in.....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:31 pm 

TIPEC membership: 993
Blimey Brett, you are having some bad luck lately, hope the toe rags aren't reading this forum or they may see all your updated security methods though!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:48 pm 

sam wrote:
Blimey Brett, you are having some bad luck lately, hope the toe rags aren't reading this forum or they may see all your updated security methods though!

Hi Steve :)

Well I suppose , that I should be thankful that my 928 has not had any major problems for around 10 years....

I would guess that the scrote was after either my radio/cd or my Nitrous Bottles....although quite how he was planning on getting them out quickly is beyond me....lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:11 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7458
What an absolute b@stard!!

No damage to the bodywork hopefully...??

Even though we live in a nice part of the world, there are still nasty little sh!tes around.

I'll have to pop over and say Hi one day and get that cuppa you've been promising!

Cheers

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:17 pm 

Greggers wrote:
What an absolute b@stard!!

No damage to the bodywork hopefully...??

Even though we live in a nice part of the world, there are still nasty little sh!tes around.

I'll have to pop over and say Hi one day and get that cuppa you've been promising!

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg :)

Thankfully no damage apart from the broken glass....

Anytime for the cuppa :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm 

Hi All :)

Fitted the new passenger window today.....

Bit of a pain but not too hard....new glass goes in from the OUTSIDE by the way in case anyone needs to know :)

Also set up my new alarm system to cover my drive and 928.....

Works perfectly and with two Pir sensors and two receivers and two remotes was only around £45 :) Its all wireless as well :)

Link in case anyone wants similar >>>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N ... ge_o02_s00

Although if anyone comes up my drive in middle of night the siren will scare me silly if sleeping lol...