Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Paul Anderson Fix got me Home!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:51 pm 

I have had my 1988 S4 for just over 4 years so back to Paul Anderson for another Cambelt and service last Monday, 200 miles journey home but when I tried to start again engine not cranking, really weird like the immobiliser was on, couldn't be that as I asked Paul to take the alarm out.

He text me 2 pictures and what to do - just wanted to upload them here as it might help someone, sorry if all you guys were aware of this but it just happened again at a petrol station and again it got me home!

If the engine will not crank, make sure in Park, leave ignition on. Split the connector under the cover of the jump start Terminal, touch the last prong to the Terminal and it started. This plug was split when I had the Cambelt done and it seems to be causing me problems.

Regards

TCW

Post subject: Re: Paul Anderson Fix got me Home!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:40 am 

I done a 150 trip yesterday to give the car a run, after the 75 miles home stopped for some petrol and car dead. Took the 14 pin connector and touched it to the charging point (as previous post) and it started straight away. Got home and still dead, done nothing but let it cool for a couple of hours and it started with the key!

Can anyone offer any help with this?

regards
TCW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5535
Sorry but don't know much about what could cause this issu. Only aadvice i could make would be to make sure all the connections are clean. I've recently been turned onto a product called deoxit that I spray on everything electrical. It claims to be a gremlin repellant. Hope you get it sorted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:30 pm 

mikec wrote:
Sorry but don't know much about what could cause this issu. Only aadvice i could make would be to make sure all the connections are clean. I've recently been turned onto a product called deoxit that I spray on everything electrical. It claims to be a gremlin repellant. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Mike C - I bought a small tube of Deoxit from Ebay - cleaned the 14 pin male pins and squirted a small amount on every connector, I used the car tonight and it seems to have sorted it, cant believe it but thanks.

Steve