Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:00 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Die Cast Models - 944
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any good models of 944's? Especially a 944 Lux?

I did buy a cheap Corgi 944 from eBay with the intention of painting it up to look like mine, but when it arrived I discovered how poor the proportions were (especially the rear wings which are almost square!). Does anyone know whether the Matchbox car is any better than the Corgi one? I have seen the odd Minichamps model on eBay, but usually an S2 or Cabriolet. Anyone know whether there was ever a non Turbo/S2 version that may pop up on eBay etc?

I might have to settle for an S2 model next time the right colour comes up for grabs.

1987 944 2.5 Lux, Guards Reds

Post subject: Re: Die Cast Models - 944
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:02 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6003
http://www.autoartmodels.com/en/

Very good quality but £££££

Minichamps also do a 1:43 944

They list 8 944's

http://www.minichamps.de/index.php?iex=&m=1&s=en&a=2&b=2&c=

88 944 Lux

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
dan@bar wrote:
Hi all,

I did buy a cheap Corgi 944 from eBay with the intention of painting it up to look like mine, but when it arrived I discovered how poor the proportions were (especially the rear wings which are almost square!). Does anyone know whether the Matchbox car is any better than the Corgi one? I have seen the odd Minichamps model on eBay, but usually an S2 or Cabriolet. Anyone know whether there was ever a non Turbo/S2 version that may pop up on eBay etc?

I might have to settle for an S2 model next time the right colour comes up for grabs.

The Corgi & I think the Matchbox one are both derived from 924 bodies & hence the wings looking weird. I know of no really decent models of 944s. I have the autoart 924 which is very good but they don't do a 944.
Upstairs I have a Turbo 944 kit (Revell? ) which is 1/24 scale & actually is quite accurate & I'll build that up at some time to represent my car.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:50 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5282
tr7v8 wrote:
dan@bar wrote:
Hi all,

The Corgi & I think the Matchbox one are both derived from 924 bodies & hence the wings looking weird. I know of no really decent models of 944s. I have the autoart 924 which is very good but they don't do a 944.
Upstairs I have a Turbo 944 kit (Revell? ) which is 1/24 scale & actually is quite accurate & I'll build that up at some time to represent my car.

Jim,

You've just taken the words out of my mouth. :lol: I was about to post about the Revell 944 Turbo model I got. Its still boxed but I'm planning on turning it into a replica of my S2 (when I get time). I've built this particular model already but in the Turbo format as per the modelling instructions. I'm sure I can make it into a S2 format by not fitting the Turbo in the engine bay. Not sure how I'll do the Turbo alloys though as the ones supplied are Teledial. However, these models are now very hard to come by. The only supplier I could find was a model shop in Leicester. Everywhere else on the net has sold out. (S#*t - I'll stop here. I'm turning into a model geek). I've attached a few pictures of the Turbo I built.

Maybe I should have purchased the remaining stock and offered to do models of members cars if they supply me with photos and touch-up paint same colour as the car etc...In return for a small fee of course.

Ben :bounce:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
That looks nice, must turn my kit out! I must admit the D90s will be a problem, might have to cast them in resin.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 pm 

My past efforts aren't as good as yours Ben, so I might have to make do with a Minichamps S2 if I can find one.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:28 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4734
dan@bar wrote:
My past efforts aren't as good as yours Ben, so I might have to make do with a Minichamps S2 if I can find one.

Cheers

There are a few on eBay at the moment.
I have one and the quality is very good. Mine came from the Toy Shop in Helmsley. Not sure if they have any left though.

1992 968 Coupe in midnight blue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:19 pm 

Yeah, I'm just waiting for one auction to finish before heading out to drive to this evenings meet. See you in an hour or so :D