Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:57 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Heynsdyk 2500 SF - Dutch kit car based on the 944
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:26 am 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Just done an english translation of the technical bit:-
On January 15, 2010 Dutch latest sports car is launched from the 2500SF Heijnsdijk Sportscars.

The 2500SF is a sleek and sporty roadster that derives its unique design to present an equally unique design. The first prototype was Heijnsdijk Sportscars founder Ronald Heijnsdijk carefully modeled by hand in steel.
Not for anything he won during the Dutch Design Week 2008 the second prize in the innovation category.

Ronald Heijnsdijk: "Ultimately it is the passion for form that drives me. By completely by hand to create a work which forms the material demands. Through the years there have been designing cars that I really think fit the material. This are forms that hit me, I always look for. There I was looking for my own sports car. "

With his background in mechanical engineering and later inspired by the designs of Ettore Bugatti and Franco Scaglione continued Heijnsdijk think of themselves create form. The design process took years to complete, but the choice to build the car on the custom chassis of the Porsche 944 was made quickly. 100% galvanized, reliable and easily available in the market as much driving around. The 944 is due to its relatively high weight never reached icon status as the 911. Yet it is technically a very successful car and forms a good basis for the 2500SF. The engine, drivetrain and electronics of the 944 give the Heynsdyk the behavior of an adult, mature sports. And with less than 300 pounds is a sports car Leichtbau

Furthermore, the choice of the "Cradle to Cradle" concept: not only recycle discarded.
Heijnsdijk: "Of course you can recycle a car. But the 944 is so solidly built that you can easily extend the lifecycle and we do that with the 2500SF. We have thus shown that a passion for beautiful cars, very good to combine with a healthy green look at recycling. "

The base of the 944 is modified in the Heijnsdijk Sportscars production location in Eindhoven. Then the original powertrain and the body panels mounted. Depending on the type of engine the top speed is electronically limited to 250 km / h and an acceleration time from 0-100 km / h in 6 seconds. Despite the 2500SFeen quite acceptable fuel consumption depending on engine type of 1:13. Because of its reliability and easy maintenance 2500SF is suitable for everyday use. The original badge of the 944 is retained so as 2500SF vintage can be recorded. The serious hobbyist may choose to build the car itself. Heijnsdijk Sportscars provides that in case the adjusted base decorated with the kit and provides the inspection.

The 2500SF is at 15, 16 and January 17 in person to see the exhibition in the Inter Classics MECC Maastricht.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 pm 

I quite like it....very original although the doors maybe over done :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:58 am 

what a waste of a 944! that is pretty ugly!!! 8) :? :shock: :o :( :)