Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:05 pm 

Now I know this might sound stupid but having only had my turbo a few months I'm still getting to grips with it . Between the 2 main dials i.e the speedo and Rev counter there is a large ! sign what is this for ? as for some reason today mine flashed on then within a second went off again I've looked through the hand book but cannot find what it refers to derr

Post subject: Re: A question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:36 pm 

Gregson944 wrote:
Now I know this might sound stupid but having only had my turbo a few months I'm still getting to grips with it . Between the 2 main dials i.e the speedo and Rev counter there is a large ! sign what is this for ? as for some reason today mine flashed on then within a second went off again I've looked through the hand book but cannot find what it refers to derr

Handbrake light.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4260
it sounds like the CENTRAL WARNING LAMP to quote the handbook, the lamp is lit until the engine is started. this lamp monitors all functions shown on the instruments. should one develop a fault, the central warning lamp comes on, accompanied by the relevant warning lamp. both lamps remain lit until the fault has been rectified. the vehicle should be taken to the nearest porsche dealer. hope that helps, i would check the oil and the brake fluid levels first

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:21 pm 

Hi lindsay thanks for that did some searching on google and found it was the central warning light how ever no other lights are showing on the dash both oils are fine so just a little confused :? . Have also read the if the handbrake is not fully of and you go over a bump this can cause it to flash on and off so will keep an eye on it.

The guy from the chip company called shine called to day to touch up the wing he took one look at it and said mate theres no chance of me getting any were near that paint work so he refunded me the cash have taken to a body shop I know and have too have the whole wing sprayed cost now 220 quid. :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4260
it was good of him to give you a refund, some flybynights would have just done their best botch and took your cash and legged it