Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Speakers front.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 am 

TIPEC membership: 8613
hi I have an s2 I had the same problem and looked around for a while I have fitted6x4 kickers fitted perfect under the original covers just tighten the screws bit by bit they are the best 6x4 better than alpines pioneers etc and not as expensive for the size they are quite bassie I am fitting a in phase usw12 under the passenger seat and vibe 6 inch in the back an alpine 310rb 7 inch pop up screen with dab freeview tv and aerials dvd cd aux and 12 disc cd in the back complete with vibe 1200watt 6x9 qb69 with a 4 channel amp in the boot on one side built in. I hope this has helped dave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:45 am 

TIPEC membership: 8768
dave1234 wrote:
hi I have an s2 I had the same problem and looked around for a while I have fitted6x4 kickers fitted perfect under the original covers just tighten the screws bit by bit they are the best 6x4 better than alpines pioneers etc and not as expensive for the size they are quite bassie I am fitting a in phase usw12 under the passenger seat and vibe 6 inch in the back an alpine 310rb 7 inch pop up screen with dab freeview tv and aerials dvd cd aux and 12 disc cd in the back complete with vibe 1200watt 6x9 qb69 with a 4 channel amp in the boot on one side built in. I hope this has helped dave

That sounds fabulous!!!

I am fitting an old Travel Pilot (though the unit is new). This is going in the stereo hole. Then I am either going to add a 5 disc loader below (if it will fit), or I may put it in the back. Alternatively, I can add an iPod/Bluetooth unit that plugs into the CD loader port on the back, these I will add to the central arm along with a charge pad. I am keen on an old Blaupunkt equaliser for the lower slot (below the hifi) but don't really want to add an amp, so wondering if I should bother (apart from them looking good (if you can find the facia plate and that they still light up). Connecting to the Travel Pilot looks a headache, can seem to see correct leads.

Still loads of options moving forward. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
I have a Pioneer 6 disc changer mounted inside the glovebox, was in the car when I got it but it's quite a neat install. Admittedly you lose some storage space but I still have a pack of screwdrivers, a DME relay, locking wheel nut and a charging cable all in with it!

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:35 pm 

I have an Alpine head unit, with a rear USB connection, a 240GB SSD drive with 20,000 songs will fit on that quite happily and no CD jumping rubbish.

Bluetooth without all the extra bits hanging out all over the place was the only consideration

this will be changed next year for one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kienzle-Auto ... SwZNBbDQ~z

looks more in keeping and has Dab,

and I have a set of Vibe 6" Black series in the SLK they are brilliant,

In the 968 I have FLi components in the doors with new crossovers, and Vibe 6.5 Dual Cones in the rear, and a underseat base box in the well in the boot

sounds good enough to me, but I'm half deaf anyway, to much thrashing around in 2 stroke Karts years ago

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 pm 

TIPEC membership: 8768
Liking both setups there......really cool 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm 

Sounds good Martin, I rarely use the CD changer but it's almost period, I also have a tape deck lurking behind the stereo face plate, however I removed the cassette holders from the centre console due to not owning a cassette!! Kept them obviously as they were original.

In the family chariot my phone with spotify connects to the infotainment (copyright Doug De Muro :lol: ) system and I change tracks via voice command with my google assistant. Can't really top that tbh!

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:53 pm 

Pioneers fit ok with the mesh type grills.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:41 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/gruppetta.auto ... 5U&theater

Perfect fit for front.

Doing 6x4 in the rear are basically a waste of time, effort & money. By the time you get to them, best you upgrade to something around 6" or maybe components like I did as follows..

https://www.facebook.com/gruppetta.auto ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:04 pm 

In my 944S I fitted larger 6.5" 3-way speakers in the rear after making up some templates in MDF -

See post #27 in this rennlist thread -

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944 ... all-2.html