Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:27 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 944S2 suspension (again) and lowering
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I've used mine for around a month now, Haven't really pushed it but in regards to comfort, they are great, they are inversely damped meaning that for short sharp suspension changes there is less dampening and for body roll and pitching there is more dampening
Also found the H&R springs to be about 20mm shorter than stock, stock height was achieved with 19mm spacers (probably going to remove these and see how it copes with Sydney roads

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:13 pm 

Update - B6 rears are on and weren’t too much hassle really. The hardest part was removing the seized bolts.

Fronts (with 968CS lowered springs) have been sent to a forum member who is doing the swap. I don’t have spring compressors or a big enough vice and he is also providing the adapters so it’s a no brainer really.

Whilst the front is ok axle stands I’m also; powder-coating the ARB, replacing the ARB bushes, replacing the drop-link bushes, upgrading castor blocks.

Hopefully it should all be back together by next weekend so will upload some photos and review.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 pm 

Henry is a good egg

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:21 pm 

gav_sw20 wrote:
Update - B6 rears are on and weren’t too much hassle really. The hardest part was removing the seized bolts.

Fronts (with 968CS lowered springs) have been sent to a forum member who is doing the swap. I don’t have spring compressors or a big enough vice and he is also providing the adapters so it’s a no brainer really.

Whilst the front is ok axle stands I’m also; powder-coating the ARB, replacing the ARB bushes, replacing the drop-link bushes, upgrading castor blocks.

Hopefully it should all be back together by next weekend so will upload some photos and review.

I'm in a similar situation as you at the moment :) got my rear cross member and ARB out with the powder coaters at the moment, need to get some rear shocks at some point and will probably go down the B6 route as I've been convinced now by Waylander :albino:

Mine are starting to corrode badly on the eyelets at each end, also the top mounting points looked to be corroded so want to get those treated and painted before they go rotten.

I've already ordered replacement bolts from Porsche - pretty massive industrial ones for the rear shocks!

Any pictures of your work?

I'm planning on removing any rust from the areas I'm working on, painting and sealing it all - I have a bigger job planned for next time I take it off the road (perhaps next winter) to drop the rear suspension and gearbox and get it all tidy, will give me chance to check the rear main seal, clutch and torque tube at the same time.