Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:59 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 944S2 Immobilisers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7586
Hi all. I know alot of people have problems with their immobilisers, this thread is not intended to be about that :D .

The immobiliser in my car seems to be working fine (so far - touch wood) but the "touch key" is a bit tatty and since I only have one it got me wondering how to get a spare. I had thought the system was original to the car, so I contacted Hamilton & Palmer who I believe were the original suppliers. But it seems the key I have is not one of theirs. A bit of Googling and I find that I look to have a Cobra system.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Cobra immobilisers were fitted by any OPCs to 944S2s in the early 90s (my car was originally from Newcastle)? Or is it most likely a later aftermarket addition? If it could be original, what model is it likely to be?

Just to show I don't think I have something completely random, the car shown in this link (http://www.fast-classics.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/-2017-12-16/IMG_5948.jpg looks to have a similar setup to mine, the LED and touch key contact is the same and in the same place (just near the steering wheel column).

Thanks.