Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RHS Sill Price??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am 

TIPEC membership: 5529
The original sills are quite complex pressings that the pattern sills never are close to. As said, the genuine ones fit straight on, the pattern ones invariably take a lot of fettling to fit, for the price, the genuine ones are always the best still.

Post subject: Re: RHS Sill Price??
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
MichaelW944 wrote:
GlennS wrote:
There are two things which concern me with replacement panels. One is the fit and the other, perhaps even more important, is the quality of the metal. The cost of the panel itself is only a small part of the total cost of the job. The original panel lasted 20-odd years and I'd hope for much the same from a replacement. I certainly don't want to be doing the job again in 5 years time because someone got their sheet steel from the same place Lancia did in the 1970s...

I was assured by classic car parts and panels that it is the same quality of metal that Porsche use. I hope that is the case and I believe it does say the type on their website so would be interested to know if it's true.

Have you actually fitted your parts; I thought you had already done this!?

I have now gone ahead & ordered from classiccarpartsandpanels the right sill, lower rear quarter & they also made me the jacking point diamond indent for the other side; this is required as presently, previously repaired by previous owner had omitted this.

They should be ready for shipment by end of Month. Will send further feedback when fitted.