Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:02 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What have I done now....
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:46 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Pete82 wrote:

I hate it when manufacturers use the most stupidest weakest bolts that don't stand up to corrosion.

My personal hate is not using stainless bolts to hold the water pump on...that one defies beleif.....lol

Pete

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6379
Rhett wrote:
Too cold to be messing with the 924S on the drive :roll: ! However, thought I would have a go at fixing the large rubber seal that goes around the fuel filler pipe. This part is NLA :? from Porsche. Most breakers have them, but they are generally all in pretty bad shape. So, a fix was needed. Here is what it looked like to start with:

The later 944 rubber neck seal works on 924's. A small modification of a slit in the rubber at the bottom of the seal is needed, obvious when you look at it, but it works. Just did mine a while ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:00 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi guys - resurrecting an old thread here!

Unfortunately, due to progressing health problems, age, and not really enjoying turning spanners in the rain (or the searing heat). I was forced to come to the conclusion that this project car was never going to be completed - certainly not by me. So she had to go. I am disappointed somewhat, but that's life - probably a few others here can relate to the situation. Anyway, as my hip is a real problem now I cannot get into the damn thing easily, let alone get out gracefully, or mess about underneath it...

My wife wanted the front tidying up, so I got a scrappie to take her away the other day - sad but necessary :( . Couldn't transfer the number plate due to VOSA requirements, so C924 PPG is lost forever.

However, I do have a large pile of spare parts which I either accumulated for the project (purchased new/SH), or have taken off the car to refurb, etc. So these will now be looked at and listed here first, then eBay if no interest here. Smaller items can be posted, but the larger stuff will have to be collected I'm afraid. Therefore, if there is something that you think I may have, that you are looking for, please just drop me a PM. Got some spares for a 944 S2 as well.

Be a week or two before I start listing stuff, but I will photo everything and see how it goes. Have a look through this thread and you can see what I have taken off, and refurbed already.

At some point in the future I will be selling my 944S as well - but I need to get that back on the road first.

Best regards, Rhett.

Black 1987 944S - Gone but not forgotten
Metallic Black 1980 924 - Those were the days....
Red 1979 924
Minerva blue 1979 924

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:44 pm 

TIPEC membership: 10582
Sorry to hear that Rhett :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6