Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What are all these lights?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:28 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7630
Althejazzman wrote:
As I commented on this thread years ago, my car is in much better working order now, so I can reveal the proper operation:

Pop-ups have dipped and main beam.
Bumpers have side lights and main beam.
If I pull the stalk gently, it flashes the main beams in the bumper (regardless of whether pop-ups are up or down).
I pull the stalk further, it clicks and holds all 4 main beams on, simultaneously switching off the dipped bulbs.
I also have fog lights in the lower lip of the bumper, operated by the centre console switch next to the cigarette lighter.

There was a crossover year for 924's and series 1 944's. Before this year, they have a switch in front of the ashtray that selects whether the bumper main beams also come on with the pop-up main beams.

I have had problems with some of the above lights not operating as described above. This is often due to dirty fuses and fuse contacts. It can also be due to worn or dirty contacts on the stalks and main light switch.

Thanks! turns about my fuse board was wired up incorrectly .... and have been in the dark - literally !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:54 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I have a very late series one which has a driving light switch. I also had another 1985 many years ago, when they were new enough to still be original, and this had it too. Now the second blue tell-tale lamp in the binnacle - that I have never got to the bottom of!

1988 944 Turbo - the Pink Pig
1989 944 2.7
1985 944 It's alive!
1986 944 Automatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi all
I have a 944 and probably like so many others don't have the original manual or circuit diagrams, so even after a years ownership I still don't understand how everything operates. So I was glad of this topic to remind myself how to get the driving lights working. I thought they weren't working the other day but it wasn't helped by the switch on the centre console having been put together the wrong way around.
Cheers

Ralph