Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:10 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Metallic black 944 Lux for sale in Glasgow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:00 am 

TIPEC membership: 4753
My lovely 944 Lux, which was garaged over winter, has been cleaned up, checked over, run back in and MOT checked. Now it is up for sale.

eBay link

After unpacking it from it’s winter home, the car needed a power steering leak repaired, new steering rack, new rear tyres and fresh handbrake pads. That lot plus an MOT cost me roughly £500, just two weeks ago.

I don’t care whether it sells through eBay or privately, so have a read and if you know anybody who’s interested just drop me a line on here or make a bid over there. I can also be emailed on tony@typescape.com if you prefer.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Metallic black 944 Lux for sale in Glasgow
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:51 pm 

Some idiot in a Renault Megane just reversed into my Lux and smashed the front-left bumper. I can’t believe it. First time out of the garage in months and somebody hit me.

So, I guess I’m not going to find a buyer as quickly as I’d hoped.

This is really frustrating. I had three potential buyers all wanting to see it before Monday.

I had a guy wanting to view it this afternoon. I arranged to meet him halfway in the car, he was bringing cash. After I set off, he called to cancel as he was called to work. So I was just bringing the car back home again, and two blocks from my back door this woman reversed into me at the lights. She admitted fault, then proceeded to rant at me that she couldn’t possibly have caused all the damage and my car must have been bashed before she hit it!

It’s in the hands of the insurers now. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:39 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5218
That's just bad luck :( What the hell was she doing reversing at a set of lights anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 pm 

You wouldn’t believe …

Today was the big ‘orange walk’ in Glasgow. Google it if you want to know what that’s about. All the streets around our flat were closed from 10am to 6pm. I was bringing the car back from an aborted meeting with a potential buyer just as the roads were being reopened. The queues of traffic were because traffic police were running a junction through hand signals. I was waiting in the right-hand lane, this Megane in front of me was stuck across both lanes trying to get into the right-hand one. She got impatient and decided to reverse into the left-hand lane instead, but in doing so drove right back into me instead.

I tried to change into reverse and get out of the way, but my fiancée was behind me in her Mini and had a pedestrian crossing and junction behind her, so couldn’t move. There’s no way I was going to crash both our cars together, so I had to sit and let this Megane drive into me.

Bah. Rant over. Thanks for listening.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:43 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4636
I Know how you feel. :cry: Your bumper is fibreglass & will repair easy. Mine did! Tough luck mate. Hope it's not too bad. (A word of advice. Never take your car to view. If they can't be bothered to come & look your wasteing your time.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:55 pm 

Just this once, in theory, I had to go out to let anyone view the car—what with there being no access to my garage because all the streets were closed.

Point taken though …

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:03 am 

TIPEC membership: 666
Arrrrrg! That's awful bad luck.

Hope you get it sorted out and then back on the road for selling soon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:35 am 

TIPEC membership: 5033
Good luck arguing with the insurers.

The rest of my Sunday will be trying to correct the details for our un-insured losses claims. :roll:
They Go back almost two years and well into 5 figure sums which would be lovely to get our hands on :drunken:

'82 944