Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Keep my 944 Turbo or get a 968?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:36 pm 

Quote:
are they std bushes or powerflex ?

Standard for if I was truly worried about suspension geometry location I`d spend hundreds on poly bushes and top mounts BUT I`m of the school that says It`ll not make a blind bit of difference to me on a track as I dont drive hard and fast enough and regularly enough.

Its the same as spending £000`s on losing weight (50kg saved is worth some 10bhp!) and tuning when better brakes and suspension alongside track driving tuition are worth far more. I knew a Caterham owner who line bored his drive shafts at not inconsiderable cost so as to save weight when all he had to do is miss breakfast (see what I mean??)

Andrew S with a standard car with circa 270 bhp, Mo30 and slicks is as fast as anything out there.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:30 pm 

TIPEC membership: 666
Hilux wrote:

Andrew S with a standard car with circa 270 bhp, Mo30 and slicks is as fast as anything out there.

Andrew has the KW now as well :roll: which is frankly just not fair to the rest of us :lol:

He is proof, if it were needed, that driver modification is far, far better than spending thousands on your car. He is an ex racer and in his virtually standard 944T could be seen harrying all makes of the latest Porsche exotica at every trackday he attends.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:52 pm 

Hi Paul, yours still in the body shop?

I`m due mine back this week (at last) 8)

We must meet up on track and compare power against suspension?

If Andrew finally has KW then I`d love to know his thoughts about it as an ex racer and will have to go to a track day with him again and blag a ride. My son Jonathan still raves about the time Andrew took him out.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:32 pm 

Hilux wrote:
Hi Paul, yours still in the body shop?

No it's been finished at the bodyshop for 10 weeks, it's currently at Jons and I'm hoping to pick it up at the weekend (but I've been saying that every weekend :) ). Saw yours at Promax a few weeks ago, minus it's nose :(

I'm hoping to get back on track at Donington on Sunday 8th June, where there is a large contingent of 968's and some 944T's booked in (including AndrewS)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:27 am 

Paul, dont want to make you jealous but..................................................

.......................................................mines back today :bounce:

Unfortunately I`m away so cant drive it until tomorrow :?

Its done so very few miles over the last year that I really need to give it a few long runs before its thrashed on track but I`ll probably go to Donny to watch and possibly blag a ride or two?? My lad went out with Andrew S and still talks about it so maybe I could too, especially if he now has the KWV3 ??

Wasnt it Donny where you *cough* had to have a bit of extra work done to your car :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:56 am 

Hilux wrote:
.......................................................mines back today :bounce:

Unfortunately I`m away so cant drive it until tomorrow :?

Wasnt it Donny where you *cough* had to have a bit of extra work done to your car :shock:

Grrrrrr, mines not :roll:

No it was Snetterton that caused my latest bout of abstinence. Donny is my favourite track, Snetterton used to be :lol: I definately won't be tracking next Sunday now as even if it is ready for me on Saturday I want to get a few miles under her before exposing her to harsher conditions.