Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi, new member looking to get back into the Porsche game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:23 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Evening all,

Long time lurker but decided to finally register. I'm looking to fill up some garage space and get back into the wife's bad books by adding a piece of shiny old metal (hopefully little rust) to the garage.

Currently looking for a 944 S2 (white or black ideally) and have spent the afternoon on this forum looking through old posts. Can I just thank you all for the posts I've read so far... informative and looks like a good place.

I'm based in the west midlands near Sutton Coldfield and previously I owned an 89, 911 targa but I really want to get into the 944 Porsches I think they would suit me well (I like a driver's car, and had a vx220 for about 10 years). Now I need the back seats for my girls so 944 would work well.

Anyway I think I want the S2 so look forward to hearing all about your stories and thanks in advance for any assistance. If anyone is selling their 944 please let me know, even if you're not I'd welcome a look around any local midlands guys cars...I've seen a few at classic shows before and the interior feels familiar to the 911 I had but could do with another good look. Many thanks all

Harry

Post subject: Re: Hi, new member looking to get back into the Porsche game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:21 am 

TIPEC membership: 7576
Hi Harry,

I live in Walsall and I have a 968, Amazon Green, tiptronic coupe - I also have a grandson called Harry!
The club meeting is at the Bull in Shenstone on the second Monday of each month. I will be at the next meeting with my car - I will be able to drive by then, I have recently had open heart surgery which has clipped my wings for a few weeks.

Welcome to the club.

David

Radical PR6
1928 Delage DR 70 Saloon
LandRover Discovery Sport

Post subject: Re: Hi, new member looking to get back into the Porsche game
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Largie wrote:
Hi Harry,

I live in Walsall and I have a 968, Amazon Green, tiptronic coupe - I also have a grandson called Harry!
The club meeting is at the Bull in Shenstone on the second Monday of each month. I will be at the next meeting with my car - I will be able to drive by then, I have recently had open heart surgery which has clipped my wings for a few weeks.

Welcome to the club.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply, we live close (Walsall/Aldridge borders). Haven't seen the 968 about. I'm away on a family holiday in the first two weeks of August but I hope to be in a car in the next couple of weeks, won't be as nice as your 968 but my aim is to find a car that is mechanically solid that looks decent from about 20 feet away :D