Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie from West Sussex
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:20 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I'm new to this forum, but not exactly new to Boxsters, as I'm currently on my third (but also my second - see below).

I put in the order for my first Boxster the day after I saw the first 'real' car at the 1996 Motor Show, and had to wait around 18 months for it to be delivered in February 1998. Arctic silver/boxster red leather 2.5 manual - the 'classic' brochure configuration for the first 986. There were very few on the road in those days and it tended to attract a fair bit of attention and a lot of 'Porsche waves'.

Boxster #2 is a 2001 speed yellow/black leather 3.2S manual - again I put my name down as soon as it was announced and had to wait months for it. I still have this car, 15 years and 110,000 miles later. I've just put it up for sale though, advertised in this forum: http://forums.tipec.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21284. I can hardly bear to part with it for the money I will get for it, and if I had more room I'd probably keep it. Here it is, paying a visit back to Stuttgart:

My latest Boxster is one of the last 981 3.4S, GT silver, garnet red with a red roof, but PDK this time (after much deliberation). This one has to last me a long time, just like the last one has!