Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: bits and bobs for RO's ARO's
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:15 pm 

TIPEC membership: 3045
following on from the discussion in the all torque section:

PaulPSB wrote:
dekandgord wrote:
I like all the write ups of the regions, i do think the mag needs regional stuff to encourage local memberships. Can the ro's and Aro's have a few spares each month please? they come in hady for events, showing to prospecive members etc etc

Yeah I agree. I am almost out of old back issues for this as we gave quite a few away last summer at various shows etc. Could I have some more please? :D

as well as some copies of the mag, any little "giveaways" or promo type items would be more than welcome.

some ideas:

could the club do a temp membership card that ro's Aro's could issue?, on the spot joining as it were. Plus something simple to make people feel they belong? maybe have a supply of window stickers and bits for ARO's and RO's to use to give out, when grabbing new members? As well as stuff to use at meets and events ie lots of back issues.

just a few thoughts.

can anyone think of anything else that would be usefull for RO's to have to hand?

what happened to the washing basket tipec signs by the way??

Post subject: Re: bits and bobs for RO's ARO's
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:58 pm 

I was thinking that we could hire the girls that cleaned PiG's car,
they could give complimentary polishes for new members at their first meet.

Attachment:
PigWax.jpg

I think we'd get plenty of new members and personally I'd join at least twice :D

Boxster 2.7 Silver 00 Sold
Boxster S Meridian 01 Sold
928 S2 Prussian Blue 86 Sold
993 C4 Arena Red 97 Sold

Last edited by JasonGibson on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:03 pm 

would they be bits or bobs???

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
dekandgord wrote:
following on from the discussion in the all torque section:

PaulPSB wrote:
dekandgord wrote:
I like all the write ups of the regions, i do think the mag needs regional stuff to encourage local memberships. Can the ro's and Aro's have a few spares each month please? they come in hady for events, showing to prospecive members etc etc

Yeah I agree. I am almost out of old back issues for this as we gave quite a few away last summer at various shows etc. Could I have some more please? :D

as well as some copies of the mag, any little "giveaways" or promo type items would be more than welcome.

some ideas:

could the club do a temp membership card that ro's Aro's could issue?, on the spot joining as it were. Plus something simple to make people feel they belong? maybe have a supply of window stickers and bits for ARO's and RO's to use to give out, when grabbing new members? As well as stuff to use at meets and events ie lots of back issues.

just a few thoughts.

can anyone think of anything else that would be usefull for RO's to have to hand?

what happened to the washing basket tipec signs by the way??

Unfortunately the "Club" means me doing it and I'm busy enough.

With the new style membership card I don't see the point in handing out a temporary one, it's meaningless without a membership number. Clive and I have sourced a decent looking membership card so we stop issuing suff that looks s**t.

New members receive everything they need within 3 Weeks of joining anyway.

Getting some issues of AT to you guys isn't a problem, I'll try to set something up with the printer each issue and have four copies posted straight out by them.

We've just had a quote in for the A frame banners. Richard and I will look at the coffers and hopefully have them in time for the AGM.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:37 am 

I know that at the moment the club means you and i did put a post up about getting ou some help. Am just trying to think aboout how we sell oursleves at a local level. if i had things(as yet unidentified!) that i could give away or give to new members like the window stickers it would be a nice touch and a usefull selling point for me. I just wonder if we can raise the club profile in any way with more odds and sods for RO's and ARO's????

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:47 pm 

dekandgord wrote:
I know that at the moment the club means you and i did put a post up about getting ou some help. Am just trying to think aboout how we sell oursleves at a local level. if i had things(as yet unidentified!) that i could give away or give to new members like the window stickers it would be a nice touch and a usefull selling point for me. I just wonder if we can raise the club profile in any way with more odds and sods for RO's and ARO's????

Hi :)

How about, as an extra ...a "discount card" ..a cardboard card with a list of LOCAL discounts that could be given out by local RO/ARO ...

The Southern region could have Pchealthcare Computers as the top one just by coincidence :)

And Jon Mitchells as second lol :)

All the best Brett :)

p.s. I would even print them for you :) Printers company name on them again of course :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The USP for this Club is that we welcome ALL Porsche owners to join up because we are so friendly. Talking to people and sharing our passion is far more persuasive than giving away bits of plastic.

Giving away bit's of stuff doesn't raise our profile, having decent display material etc does. We've moved on from signs stuck on bits of wood and using gas pipe to make a banner frame.

Surely it makes more sense to spend £1500 on Banners, than £1500 on bit's and bobs?

Spare AT's and flyers are important, don't forget each copy of AT we give away costs us £1.60.

I'm sure Paul Bird will agree and the guys from the South East, at Goodwood and the NEC it's having a natter with people that encourage them to join up.
During the 2 shows we gave away over 1000 copies of AT £1600, to date I have only received a dozen or so applications from people who have joined after the event.

Keep the ideas coming and we'll put it on the Agenda for the AGM. :idea:

Join the Club

Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

How about, as an extra ...a "discount card" ..a cardboard card with a list of LOCAL discounts that could be given out by local RO/ARO ...

The Southern region could have Pchealthcare Computers as the top one just by coincidence :)

And Jon Mitchells as second lol :)

p.s. I would even print them for you :) Printers company name on them again of course :)

Brilliant idea :thumbup:

Join the Club

Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:26 pm 

agreed it is about the nattering, which most people will tell you i do all the time, I do however like to be able to give people a reminder that when they get home from tesco's car park, or wherever i have done the nattering that they want to look at the website,ring me, join online or whatever. thats where the ATs come in handy but it would be easier if i could have something smaller and worth less than the all torque. I tend not to give them away to people I natter to but i do like to have them for show.

whats a USP?

I like to get people to join on the spot if I can, but sometimes that doesnt happen, as for shows when I was selling advertising the company I worked for used to do the national footy show etc so i used to man the stand and do a bit of 1-1 with the GP and we were forever giving mags away, the most cost effective way we found was to have a "subscribe now" pack with 5 back issues in it and some other stuff , you got it if you subscribed (joined) there and then. With goodwood etc maybe we should be doing more join now and here is some stuff ,than take a mag and maybe if you dont forget you will get round to possibly joining the club for porsches of that bloke you spoke to at goodwood.

yup banners are great but my car doesnt have the banner on it all the time it does however have me,the membership forms and flyers in it all the time

so what I am saying is chatting and passion does raise our profile, if i then give a bloke a flyer and a tatty bit of paper with my details on it the chat and pasion was pointless 'cos the image is ruined.

I agree banners are great for shows but we arent doing a show every day of the week all year, so one banner gets used at 10 events, times that by the regions how much use are they getting?

what does a bunch of cheap pens cost with tipec and the phone number on? Or can Brett print me some reasonable cards with my details on them? Just something other\ as well as the flyer, which to be honest is a national flyer and doesnt help sell the region.

Moan over

have a nice day ! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

USP = unique selling point.

I thought you didn't want stuff with a National Identity on them? Pens the cheapest I could find cost 65p each, if we were to do them regionally would cost £1000's a year. Because of 20 sets of artwork costs and everytime we had an RO change, we'd need another print run.

Tatty bits of paper would appear to be a personal problem, I carry TIPEC business cards (print them at home) and flyers in my glove boxes and wallets. I beleive some other RO's do the same. This was in the RO minutes from last years AGM.

Maybe take Brett up on his offer and have a double sided business card with local benefits on one side and your details on the other.

Join the Club

Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:59 pm 

Sean is correct , pens are expensive (I went into them for my businesses) ...too pricey. and Tipec would need a lot more than me...

Business cards for Gordon are no problem, I will print them for free as long as you don't ask me to do the artwork, cos I'm rubbish at that lol...

Maybe I can do some for Gordon and if they go well, other Regions could adopt it...

My own business cards are printed on ordinary paper in a colour laser then laminated, it has the effect of a "plastic" card without the cost....cos I'm tight :)

Just an idea....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Brett.

Staples sell a perforated business cad pack 180 cards (10 sheets) for £6.

I have a template that prints onto these, saves having to mess about laminating.

I have some credit card size laminating pouches that I used to use for the membership cards if you prefer to laminate them for Gordon.

Join the Club

Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:49 pm 

Sean Smallman wrote:
Thanks Brett.

Staples sell a perforated business cad pack 180 cards (10 sheets) for £6.

I have a template that prints onto these, saves having to mess about laminating.

I have some credit card size laminating pouches that I used to use for the membership cards if you prefer to laminate them for Gordon.

Hi Sean :)

The problem with those business card packs is that I don't think they will go through my laser, let me have a go for Gordon my way and see what the result is....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:42 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4734
I think that we could do with some membership forms and flyers up here in the North East so that we can hand them out / leave them on the cars when attending shows.

1992 968 Coupe in midnight blue

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:28 pm 

I thought you didn't want stuff with a National Identity on them? Pens the cheapest I could find cost 65p each, if we were to do them regionally would cost £1000's a year. Because of 20 sets of artwork costs and everytime we had an RO change, we'd need another print run.

just a suggestion, didnt say, I WANT PENS am trying to think in different ways

Tatty bits of paper would appear to be a personal problem,
I beg your pardon ! :D

I carry TIPEC business cards (print them at home) and flyers in my glove boxes and wallets. I beleive some other RO's do the same. This was in the RO minutes from last years AGM.

great another tenner to add to the 600 i spent last year !!!!!!!!!!!