Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Recommendation - Make Regions Autonomous
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 pm 

Graham Waller wrote:
I haven't missed the point.

You want to make suggestions as to how a club that you aren't a member of, is run - again I say, no membership, no voice.

And if you do want to influence it, why didn't you stay in? You could then bring up your concerns through the proper channels - the AGM, rather than leaving then bleating about it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over................God, I'm ready to self-harm.

Hi :)

Thats total rubbish...

If it was "no membership = no voice"

Then why is this Forum not members only ??

Then I and other non members would have no voice as you wish.........

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 pm 

Hi

As a member of the national committee I cannot recall an instance when important matters have not been dealt with through discussion and voting of the committee. To me that seems like a proper and democratic way of dealing with matters on behalf of the club and its members

As far as Graham's comments are concerned he is basically correct

The structure of the club is a constitutional matter and covered specifically within the constitution of the club. It is not a matter for non members.

As far as the forum is concerned there is not a member of the committee who as ever voiced an opinion since I have been a member thereon, that it should be for members only. This differs from some forums as you well know.

On the contrary, the club committeee has been keen to support an open forum for all Porsche enthusiasts who are able to act and comment in a responsible manner. This has been in spite of recent problems of mass spamming

Comments regarding the constitution and the structure of the club are for the AGM or an EGM only; members only of course

If members do not like the manner in which the club is run, then they have two choices

One choice is to leave the club and the other choice is to deal with their dissatisfaction through the mechanisms embodied in the constitution. That sounds like a democracy to me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:39 pm 

mymerak wrote:
Hi

As a member of the national committee I cannot recall an instance when important matters have not been dealt with through discussion and voting of the committee. To me that seems like a proper and democratic way of dealing with matters on behalf of the club and its members

As far as Graham's comments are concerned he is basically correct

The structure of the club is a constitutional matter and covered specifically within the constitution of the club. It is not a matter for non members.

As far as the forum is concerned there is not a member of the committee who as ever voiced an opinion since I have been a member thereon, that it should be for members only. This differs from some forums as you well know.

On the contrary, the club committeee has been keen to support an open forum for all Porsche enthusiasts who are able to act and comment in a responsible manner. This has been in spite of recent problems of mass spamming

Comments regarding the constitution and the structure of the club are for the AGM or an EGM only; members only of course

If members do not like the manner in which the club is run, then they have two choices

One choice is to leave the club and the other choice is to deal with their dissatisfaction through the mechanisms embodied in the constitution. That sounds like a democracy to me

Hi :)

That sounds eminently sensible and well put....

The problem I had though was NOT " been dealt with through discussion and voting of the committee"

It was a unilateral decision ...

So I took your last sentence option..I left the club as your second choice of fighting it through the mechanisms of the constitution seemed a little unlikely to be a viable proposition as it was the Chairmans unilateral decision.....

I only fight battles I can win....so I left :)

And as I have said to many people, including the new RO - Nick ...I "would" rejoin happily....BUT not where the same thing CAN happen again.....and as nobody will promise me it wont...... etc etc

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:23 am 

TIPEC membership: 981
Brett928S2 wrote:
And as I have said to many people, including the new RO - Nick ...I "would" rejoin happily....

Have a chat soon.

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 am 
I'm sorry for causing such controversy and I heartily agree with Jim's comments that most do understand and savour 'friendly and non-elitist club' in a literal way. Well, apart perhaps from critics who claim most of my posts are racist or sexist or offensive or aggressive or negative :?:

Also I'd say Brett deserves a vote of thanks for his continued interest in local Tipec and donations of raffle prizes and offers of help. I know Nick and Gordan and those who attend meets value his contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 am 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Don't worry Roland quite happy to debate the issue. If it denegrates TIPEC or starts to be repetitive to the point where people are complaining then generally we'll kill it. Otherwise its a free for all.

And in reply to Bretts comment, do you want it to be members only & exclude you? I think as a resource it is far more valuable as an open forum.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:19 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
Nah, devolving management and responsibility to individual regions is a terrible idea for TIPEC. Leave things be.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm 
tr7v8 wrote:
Don't worry Roland quite happy to debate the issue.

OK, I'd limit my view here on an open forum to the idea that regional committees that I understand existed before were a good idea and that a more organic evolution would be a situation where there is no three tier structure of member/ARO/RO but simply one or two regional contacts, and with not necessarily all events being arranged by the same individual or group.

Indeed, for vibrancy, surely everyone should be encouraged to arrange an event IF they wish, even if it's just a drive one evening to a nice pub or country hotel they discovered.

At the moment if four people turn up for a drink at a monthly meet in any region then the current regional structure does seem like structural overkill and more suited to the army. Also it could be depressing for a single individual to feel they have to build up a region and arrange everything.

Bear in mind also that Tipec meets are generally in public places, there's friends of friends (and the homophobic amongst us would also welcome attractive girlfriends being brought along) and pubs don't ask people to show membership cards at the door!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4734
Roland, the ROs and AROs don't have to organise events, certainly in our region, any member is welcome to organise a drive out or a run to an event. As RO, I am quite happy to facilitate that and be a central contact point for the region so that whoever wants to do the organising doesn't have to chase around trying to contact all of the other members (can't give out contact details anyway).

The difficulties are firstly trying to find anyone within the region to organise an event and secondly to get enough members to actually join in and make it worthwhile.

1992 968 Coupe in midnight blue

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:29 am 
ExAudiSi wrote:

The difficulties are firstly trying to find anyone within the region to organise an event and secondly to get enough members to actually join in and make it worthwhile.

I suggest asking for a volunteer to be a Hen Party Liason Officer.

Someone willing to serve others by dealing with minimalist clad hens and who keeps a register of chaps willing to serve the community and switch off Graham Norton to drive through town with 5 minimalist hens in their 2+2 all stroking him trying to make sure they're in the video of the rear facing bonnet mounted external camera.

The Southern Porsche Car Club has one.