Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Membership renewal - poor service
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Jesus Christ :roll:

All this from an email that was mistakingly sent by the guys that are building our new site.

If our developers (Web Designs) had built our new site in the agreed time frame. The payment process would have been a seamless transition and all would be good in the world.

I am with them on Thursday afternoon to finalise a few things and we will be all ship shape and shiney.

As for some of the comments, they are not particular helpful. Whether they were intended as they were written is not worth debating. They are there for all to read, which seems to be a very appropriate word.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 pm 

tr7v8 wrote:
Oh I give up....
Nothing to do with privacy in any way. But everything to do with asking the relevant people about the issue to try fixing it before broadcasting a PERCEIVED failing to the world. I regard it as common courtesy as I explained in my first answer to John. Nothing to do with being defensive or patronising.
As I said to John & I'd echo to you if you screw up in the day job would you expect the customer/client to mail the world about it or would you have a quiet word? My principles say have a quiet word but others obviously have different ideas & as I said didn't take the hint. If I dealt with my customers/Partners the way & tone that John has dealt with this I'd be quite rightly looking at a P45 pretty quick.

As for doing things privately if I/we wanted to do that then we could have deleted the thread & answered John on PM which we didn't.

Brett: you've been quick enough to criticise us for deleting threads in the past, here we haven't. I am just asked that if people have a problem then they directly contact those who can fix it rather than shouting it from the rooftops here? Is that too much to ask?
You also will probably get it fixed quicker!
I'd add that we have 2 methods of renewing your membership at present one is a "manual mode" contact Lee direct, the other is the on line method using Paypal which the vast majority do with no issues, as I said problems are less than 0.1%.
So we do still have online membership. Once the website is renewed then it will become a bit more automated.

Hi Jim :)

All read and understood, and i realise why you think as you do....the problem is that you SHOULD be thinking about the perception your thoughts give out...

I was always proud of Tipecs openness.... which is HUGELY different to the other place...

A forum is about freedom to speak/type... be it good or bad..... once you start asking people not to post on certain things, its a VERY VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE down into censorship.... IMHO lol... :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 am 

TIPEC membership: 996

2013 Panamera Platinum Diesel, White
Sold April 2013 2009 997 C2S Gen2, Arctic Silver
Sold Aug 2010 2002 996 Carrera, Polar Silver
Sold May 2004 2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey