Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:13 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thames Valley at Silverstone Classic and Goodwood Breakfast
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 pm 
Our next Thames Valley event is almost upon us so apologies for the late reminder. However, if anyone is planning to head to the Silverstone Classic this weekend (23-25 Jult) and wishes to meet up, please read on.

Unfortunately, I now cannot make the Saturday due to family commitments, but on both Friday and Sunday, I'm intending to set off from my home at 8.15am and you're welcome to join me there if you wish (14 Fernbrook Road, Reading RG4 7HG). The plan is to rendezvous with Nick Ramsay, and anyone else for whom it is more convenient, at Cherwell Services on the M40 at 9.15am, with a view to arriving at Silverstone around 10am for bacon butties. If you'd like to meet at either location, please let me know by text or email. If you are coming, you have hopefully arranged TIPEC infield parking. If not, I think it's probably too late now, but feel free to bring your camping chair over to the TIPEC area and use it as a base. I may also break out a disposable BBQ for burgers and sausages... Would help if I knew how many for though so please let me know if you'd like to join in.

Should be a great weekend! So far, the weather looks like being reasonably kind too.

May I also remind you of the 1 August run down to Goodwood for the Goodwood Breakfast Club Performance Car Legends meet. It's entirely free, apart from the cost of fuel and a good brekkie, and perhaps the best bit is the run down there. We'll be meeting up with some PCGB chaps at The New Inn at Heckfield (RG27 0LE) and my mate Tony will be leading us on his brilliant route down some truly lovely roads. We leave at 6.30am sharp! Yes, it's early, but the roads will be empty and in early sunshine it's a fine way to start the day. Again, please let me know by text or email if you are attending.

Post subject: Re: Thames Valley at Silverstone Classic and Goodwood Breakf
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:21 pm 

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the offer of a meet up on fri but I live right next to Dartford bridge so will be going anti clock on M25 & heading towards M1.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Thames Valley at Silverstone Classic and Goodwood Breakf
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 pm 
OK Steve! I may be a little out of your way...!