Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:18 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: S.E. Region Club Night, Wed 13th Jan - CANCELLED
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am 

Due to the inclement weather with the entire country covered by this white stuff, trapping many of us in our homes, we have reluctantly decided to cancel our January Club Night.

Whilst the snow has started thawing and a welcome relief to all those with long journeys to work or school (if they are open), we have visited the conditions at the Bolney Stage over the weekend and earlier this morning and have decided to take this decision in the interest of member safety which must be paramount.

Whilst all major roads are OK into Bolney, the snow and road conditions deteriorate rapidly upon entering Bolney village in the Old Brighton Road which is treacherous. The Bolney Stage Car park is not accessible or useable and car parking on the roadside is hazardous and very restricted. The weather forecast this week is still sub zero temperatures overnight with a risk of snow Wednesday so we would probably endure freezing conditions on our homeward journey after the club night which is not worth risking.

Whilst many members may be disappointed, I trust you all understand the reasons for this decision, and we look forward to seeing you all at our first TIPEC SE Region Club Night of 2010 which will be on Wednesday 10th February.

993 C2S Zenith Blue
BMW 320i