Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anglia & North Essex Region
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 am 

TIPEC membership: 4716
Just a long awaited update

Our last News Letter

Hi Guys & Girls

Winter is officially with us and I guess some of the cars are now up on blocks for the winter, I fear mine is being used as a daily drive at the moment as my daily run around has been loaned to my son as his ford focus of 190,000 miles is coming to the end of it’s economic life, so I’ve been volunteered to replace the car with a Golf, so if anyone knows of the location of a GT TDI please let me know.

Last nights meeting was attended by aprox 14 of us, quite a lively meeting Lorna and Steve visited the Silverstone Porsche GB auction on Sunday, quite a few cars were sold amazing prices some of the rarer cars not meeting reserves even when the bidding hit £352k, there’s hope for my 996 yet ;-)

A number of members have now signed up for the brighton vintage car run next year and hotels are booked etc, looking fwd to this one.

One of our members has been having internet difficultites, getting confused with internet address’s and logging on to inappropriate websites, sad thing being in the attempt to log off and delete any evidence they saved the website address in their favorites thinking the evidence had been delted and thought no more of it, until the missus logged on, say no more, can't mention any names.

A few weeks ago I sent out an email inviting members to take an active role in the club as we wanted to set up a steering committee, in place of an RO and ARO, the response was fantastic and we have 8 members who have stepped fwd, see below:

Shaun, Ian, Yvonne, Chris, John Briggs, John Butcher, Steve, Lorna.

The steering committe hope to meet up before next months meeting and hope to update everyone with progress, so please if you can attend next months meetign for an update.

Walnuts, yep we have a hugue walnut tree in the garden which has just started dropping walnuts, next month Vanessa hope's to bring another bucket full, it seems one bucket was not enough last night and my nuts just disappeared, cold weather possibly, other suggestions on a post card.

Short newsletter this month’s thought it was important we got the message out as quickly as possible, any questions regarding the steering committee can be fwd to me, at the moment I have few answers apart from our intensions to develop and build on the foundations previously established by former RO’s and ARO’s. But if you have any skills or time available, please get in touch, similary if there are any activities or you feel we should consider let me know and it will be passed onto the steering committee, remember it’s your club.

Kind Regards

John Briggs

Post subject: Re: Anglia & North Essex Region
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:12 am 

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction John.
I will try and make it along to one of your meetings at some point in the future

Jason

BTW. I have sent you a PM too

Boxster 2.7 Silver 00 Sold
Boxster S Meridian 01 Sold
928 S2 Prussian Blue 86 Sold
993 C4 Arena Red 97 Sold

Post subject: Re: Anglia & North Essex Region
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Good to see lots of people stepping forward to keep the region ticking along. :thumbright:

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e