Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:03 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 23rd August - Southern BBQ
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Agree with Gordon, don't think an Auction is in the spirit of this event, when and who decided on this direction ? if it was at the monthly meet it was an important enough decision that a ballot of all Tipec Southern members was sought, or at least an agenda published before this was decided .

However the only change I would make on the raffle would be an increase on the price to reduce the number of tickets, this would allow better mixing of the tickets and avoiding quite so many multiple prizes going to the same recipient.

I know this from expierience last year, there were physically too many tickets sold and very difficult to deal with. Increase the price , reduce the ticket numbers, If you sell as many as last year at the higher price, more to donate .[/quote]

I do think that if you have generated several hundred pounds worth of prizes on the back of raising money for a great cause you have to make sure that you get the best return possible for the support.

Agree on the Tickets a £2 each rather than a £1 a strip, I felt sorry for the girls last year.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 pm 

Sean Smallman wrote:
Agree with Gordon, don't think an Auction is in the spirit of this event, when and who decided on this direction ? if it was at the monthly meet it was an important enough decision that a ballot of all Tipec Southern members was sought, or at least an agenda published before this was decided .

However the only change I would make on the raffle would be an increase on the price to reduce the number of tickets, this would allow better mixing of the tickets and avoiding quite so many multiple prizes going to the same recipient.

I know this from expierience last year, there were physically too many tickets sold and very difficult to deal with. Increase the price , reduce the ticket numbers, If you sell as many as last year at the higher price, more to donate

I do think that if you have generated several hundred pounds worth of prizes on the back of raising money for a great cause you have to make sure that you get the best return possible for the support.

Agree on the Tickets a £2 each rather than a £1 a strip, I felt sorry for the girls last year.

Hi :)

Lol...I was "one of the girls" last year who ripped out and folded all those tickets, but you are correct, there were too many by far....

The reason I won so many prizes was twofold....

1, When a raffle is for charity , I always buy a LOT of tickets....I bought £20 worth...which was 100 tickets, so not surprising I won a few :)

2, I am generally lucky lol...apart from with politics :)

I think £2 would be a little high per ticket and would put some off.....my personal opinion is maybe £1 per Ticket (not per strip)

The auction...still unsure about that...maybe a "blind" auction.....where you just bid for "a prize" and don`t discover what you have won until afterwards....but again maybe that will drop the bidding?????

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:29 pm 

TIPEC membership: 981
Post deleted,

:D

Last edited by Nick on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 993
Sean Smallman wrote:

I know this from expierience last year, there were physically too many tickets sold and very difficult to deal with. Increase the price , reduce the ticket numbers, If you sell as many as last year at the higher price, more to donate .

Agree on the Tickets a £2 each rather than a £1 a strip, I felt sorry for the girls last year.[/quote]
Thanks for that Sean, my wife spent ages dealing with far too many tickets, which eventually were not mixed satisfactorily cos there were too many and several people won multiple prizes (including Brett) he he , However I think that £1 per ticket is a fair price and I believe would obviate the need for an auction which as you know I am against . Also I was running the burger/banger bar last year and I think that was also too cheap , I think that £1.50 is the minnimum we should be charging for a fully loaded burger/dog and we would still sell out (although my veiws are probably not valid as I have not been asked to run it this year)I hope it is as great a success as last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
You were pretty nifty on the BBQ :wink:

We're trying to get down for the weekend and hopefully attend the Quay on Friday night.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 pm 

sam wrote:
although my veiws are probably not valid as I have not been asked to run it this year)I hope it is as great a success as last year.

Of course your views are valid, sorry you couldn't make the meeting last night.

It would be great if you would like to run the BBQ, please let me know so we can discuss details.

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 am 

TIPEC membership: 993
Nick wrote:
sam wrote:
although my veiws are probably not valid as I have not been asked to run it this year)I hope it is as great a success as last year.

Of course your views are valid, sorry you couldn't make the meeting last night.

It would be great if you would like to run the BBQ, please let me know so we can discuss details.

Nick

Hello Nick, I rarely make club nights, firstly I live in France most of the time, and secondly when I am in the UK it takes me at least an hour and a half each way to attend, without the traffic issues, No B&B locally (except the dxxxxxxxxl pub where the meetings are held £80 a night , special price for club members! and that was two years ago, sh1t hole!!) so that will not happen very often. Right well if you need my help this year I am arriving UK on the 20th and am happy to flip yer burgers, will PM you to arrange ,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm 

sam wrote:
Happy to flip yer burgers, will PM you to arrange ,

That's great thanks.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm 

Hi Nick :)

Could you put a complete list of actual prizes here (not just links) as someone who wants me to buy them some raffle tickets asked for the list and I cannot find it ???

It also might encourage others to come :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:40 pm 

Brett928S2 wrote:
Someone who wants me to buy them some raffle tickets

If the TIPEC member cares to email me I will see what I can do.

Brett928S2 wrote:
It also might encourage others to come

It's a thought, but final numbers are in and food pre-ordered for delivery.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 pm 

Nick wrote:
Brett928S2 wrote:
Someone who wants me to buy them some raffle tickets

If the TIPEC member cares to email me I will see what I can do.

Brett928S2 wrote:
It also might encourage others to come

It's a thought, but final numbers are in and food pre-ordered for delivery.

Nick

Hi :)

Its not a member...I didnt realise that you had to be a member to buy charity raffle tickets :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:26 pm 

Brett928S2 wrote:
Its not a member...I didnt realise that you had to be a member to buy charity raffle tickets :(

That's not what I said.

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:46 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi Nick

We are not members but really enjoyed last year and we are down on holiday is it ok to come along on Sunday , I am meeting a few mates off 911 uk forum tonight at Poole Quay Might see you there

Tony

993 C2 R442ULO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm 

Hi Tony,

Just back from the Quay, sorry I didn't see you.

Will send PM.

Nick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 4746
Don't forget your sun cream!
Attachment:
poole.JPG
poole.JPG [ 4.83 KiB | Viewed 5490 times ]

ARO Southern
Website & Forum Admin
1991 944 S2 black/grey
1986 944 Lux red/black

JOIN THE CLUB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next