Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:33 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brooklands New Year's Day 2010
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi guys, yes I'm hoping that's the case, although I wasn't running the aircon/climate control at the time. Strange. I think there's a tendency to panic when a Porker does anything that it hasn't done before. Still, I'll ask them to double check it when she's serviced within the next week or two. I'm thinking I might take her to Parr or Adspeed (won't go to a main dealer under any circumstances).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm 

Photogirl wrote:
Hi guys, yes I'm hoping that's the case, although I wasn't running the aircon/climate control at the time. Strange. I think there's a tendency to panic when a Porker does anything that it hasn't done before. Still, I'll ask them to double check it when she's serviced within the next week or two. I'm thinking I might take her to Parr or Adspeed (won't go to a main dealer under any circumstances).

Hiya

As a matter of interest, why won't you take your car to the main dealer? Our region have a very, very good relationship with Mid Sussex Porsche with many satisfied customers. Is there a problem that you've experienced in the past?

Rachel

993 C2S Zenith Blue
BMW 320i

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm 

Hi Rachael, I could write an essay on why I won't set foot in a main dealership! I'm pleased our region has such a good relationship with Mid-Sussex Porsche, and indeed that's how I was introduced to them - without going into detail I left their premises feeling my intelligence had been more than a little abused. My resulting letter of complaint was, I'm sure, water off a ducks back, since I understand Porsche receive a great many of them (if the other forums are anything to go by). Not a happy experience and not one I'll repeat.

Regards,
Lindsay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:36 pm 

Thanks for the response, I just wondered if there was anything we could do to help. As you say, there are people who have suffered at the hands of main dealers and just as many that have horror stories to tell about the independents. As long as you find someone that you trust with your pride and joy, then that is the most important thing.

See you at next club night hopefully.

Rachel

993 C2S Zenith Blue
BMW 320i

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:50 pm 

Hi Rachel, thanks for the reply, yes I think that finding somewhere trustworthy can be a minefield, awful as that sounds. I've recently been looking at the most trusted of the independents in our area - Camtune have turned into an OPC and are now some distance away in Byfleet which rules them out, and I've heard a lot of good things about Keith at Addspeed, so I will most likely try him this time - I'll report back on the experience (just an annual service).

Looking forward to seeing you too, hope that gorgeous car is behaving!