Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:33 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thames Valley supports The Think Pink Ball, Oxford, 4 June
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:33 pm 
Dear Friends

I may already have mentioned this to you recently, but a good friend of mine has mobilised her considerable organisational talents to arrange The Think Pink Ball to raise money for breast cancer research in memory of a friend who recently lost her battle with the disease.

The Ball, which is sanctioned and supported by Cancer Research UK, will be held on the evening of Friday, 4th June at the Oxford Spires Four Pillars Hotel, which enjoys a riverside parkland location in Abingdon Road, Oxford. With an excellent three-course dinner, a complementary half a bottle of wine per person and dancing to "Cutting Edge" - a superb 16 piece big band, there will also be a really great raffle and an auction too, and, of course, black tie and ballgowns all round.

I'd very much like to commit to taking at least one table on the night, for a really pleasant way to help raise much needed funding for research into this terrible disease. It is said that nearly everyone knows somebody who has been affected by breast cancer, and with over 45,000 women diagnosed with the disease in the UK each year, there's a real and pressing need to raise funding for research into prevention and new treatments.

So, may I please urge you to show your support? Tickets are £50 per person, which I hope you will agree is very reasonable for such an event. And why not make a night of it? The hotel is offering discounted rooms at £110 per night for attendees of the Ball, so you need not worry about enjoying a drink or two and making your way home afterwards.

To reserve your seats at the table, please email or PM me as soon as possible. I will also need to ask for a £10 deposit per person (made payable to the organiser, Mrs A Thomas) to be sent to me by cheque to the following address (along with your choices from the menu below!):

14 Fernbrook Road
Caversham
Reading
RG4 7HG

May I also ask you to consider whether you, or perhaps your company/employer, could donate a prize for the raffle, or an item or promise suitable for the auction? These can really help accelerate the funds that can be raised for this most pressing of causes.

Thank you for considering this event, and I do hope we can muster significant support from club members in the Thames Valley (and hopefully beyond!).

Think Pink Charity Ball Menu

Friday 4th June 2010

Caesar Salad
With smoked chicken, crispy bacon & parmesan cheese

Wild Field Mushrooms
Cooked in a Tarragon Cream Sauce Served in a Filo Pastry Basket

Fresh Tomato & Red Pepper Soup

…………………………

Pan Fried Chicken Breast
With a Wild Mushroom & Tarragon Cream

Roast loin of Pork
With Apricot Stuffing & Honey Scented Gravy