Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Central Region Club Night - November 12th
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:21 pm 

Hi Folks

Can I remind you all that club night is Monday evening at the Westmead and I am taking bookings for the Xmas meal at £13.95 per head (cheques payable to "Tipec Central" please)

Turning to me standing down as RO from 31st December I now have to inform you that Brian will be standing down as ARO at the same time and at the moment nobody has come forward to take over the region. Unless we do something to address this the region will be a "rudderless ship" at the start of 2013.
I have chatted to a few people and there seems quite a bit of interest but nobody wants to shoulder the full responsibility. For this reason I wonder whether the region should consider following the lead of several others in the club and form an organising committee so that perhaps 2,3 or more people run the region together moving forward.

The job of running the region can be broken down so that several folk share the job. It's probably stating the obvious but the key elements of running the region are as follows:

1. Organising events ( this sounds more complicated than it really is)
2. Posting email/forum reminders to members
3. Bi-monthly write up of regional activity for All Torque
4. Hosting Club night and events

In reality each of these elements can probably be covered in a couple of hours a month so nobody has to give their life up - just a little time from several will make the difference.
If you might be interested in taking one or more of these roles and joining a committee can I please ask that you attend on Monday evening as I would like us to have a formal meeting ( a first for the region) in an attempt to find a way forward.

I hope you will all come along on Monday and give us your thoughts

See you Monday

Paul :D

Treasurer

Porsche 928 S2 (SOLD)

Porsche 944 S2 (SOLD)

Porsche 924s (Track Day toy)
Porsche 924 Martini (New project)
Porsche Cayenne S (Daily driver)