Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Track Day at Blyton Park June 16th 2018
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7586
Hi All,

Since there is no club track day this year I have arranged with Mazda On Track 20 reserved places for their event at Blyton Park on June 16th at a discounted price of £125. If you're interested in taking part send an me an email at yorkshire@tipec.net. Currently there are only 4 spaces left out of the original 20 so get in quick. That said if necessary I'll go back and ask for some more spaces.

Here's some info from Mazda On Track:

"For information, it will be an open pit lane track day run to our usual standards, so we expect all drivers to show courtesy to other on track and "play well" with each other.

We have it down as Eastern and Inner circuits, which is a useful change to the standard outer circuit that is usually run. The Eastern Circuit involves the Curva Grande which is a very entertaining corner allowing fast entry but having to slow the car while turning for the exit. The Inner circuit is equally different and challenging to get right as Trubshaws is one of those "how brave are you" corners that can be taken at high speed. Of course, it is however a feature of our days that no one has to be a driving god and everyone is allowed to drive at their own pace without fear of some "hotshot sticking one up the inside."

The price for the day is £149. On the basis that you can get 10 or more of your members to commit to this day I am happy to give your members the price of £125 (or a 15% discount)."

Also some answers to a couple of questions:

"We would limit cars at Blyton to 50. That however does not mean there will be 50 as we may not get that many bookings. The average is around 40.

Passengers can come. We charge £10 per passenger and additional drivers are £25.

A passenger can passenger in any car (that will have them) and likewise with drivers.

To fully answer your question about multiple drivers as you have written it, and I am not suggesting this applies to you at all. It is a general principal of track days that cars time share on track time. Track driving is quite fatiguing and so typically a car and driver would spend 15 to 20 minutes on circuit before taking a break. This allows other cars then to go out and so it rotates. More cars to be booked and costs fall significantly for attending. Multiple drivers can share a car, but it is subject to a fair use understanding that that the standard expected driving time is shared across the drivers and not that it allows a car to be "loaded" to spend longer on track to maximise driver time. "

There are also some questions and answers on the Mazda On Track website. Anything else just email.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Track Day at Blyton Park June 16th 2018
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:00 pm 

All of the 20 places have now gone so we're looking at it being a good event with plenty of Porsches. I'm currently trying reserve some extra spaces, so if you want to go let me know. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Well done Laurence, great result :thumbright:

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:26 pm 

Thanks Sean. I've sorted 10 more places available to be booked until mid April. If anyone else would like to join us let me know by email to yorkshire@tipec.net or post on this thread.