Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The two new RO's for Yorkshire - Reporting for duty...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:26 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7837
Hello
We would like to introduce ourselves – Klaus & Chris, the new Yorkshire RO’s

Klaus Schottler – Hi, I bought a 1988 928 S4 in 2016, and it is in the process of being brought back to life.
The aim is to get the car running properly in time for the 40th birthday celebrations, but there is a lot more to be done, including some minor welding and the interior!

My background with car clubs and forums.
I am very new to the car club scene, but am looking forward to the challenge.

Chris Grayshon-Pedley – Hello, I drive a 2008 Gen2 997 C2 and live in the Kirklees area.
I am active on several Porsche Forums as 997man.

My background with car clubs and forums.
I founded and currently run the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club at www.l200.org.uk so have plenty of experience with Forums and Owners Clubs - In the past I have written articles for the North East Porsche Drivers Club (long gone – merging with TIPEC if I am not mistaken), I ran the Mitsubishi FTO Owners Club for a while and was the Yorkshire Rep. for the ‘New’ Mini Owners club.

I used to run treasure hunts in the past – possibly a little old fashioned but, when some great driving roads are used, with good end points (pub meal or attraction) it can be worth the effort. My personal favourite being a blast on the moors around Masham, ending with a visit to the Black Sheep brewery.

I haven’t been to the Factory/Museum – so that will be one of the events/trips I'd like to organise.

I feel my strengths lie with organising events, website advice (articles and layout logistics), seeking out advertising revenue streams and creating ‘How Do I’ articles.

I will be running the Yorkshire Region topic area on the website Forum whilst Klaus runs the Facebook page.

Events and Meetings
We hope to set up a monthly meeting as soon as possible – alternating between Klaus’s neck of the woods and mine. (We are currently looking for suitable venues).

Please help us to make this region work – let us know what you want and we’ll see what can be done.

Post subject: Re: The two new RO's for Yorkshire - Reporting for duty...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7586
Hi Klaus and Chris! Great news and I look forward to joining you on some events. Let me know if you're planning a monthly meet, if I can I'll try to get along.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6651
thanks for taking on the region guys, and best of fortune to you!

Yorkshire has been slumbering for too long....it's a large region and it's re-invigoration is important for the wider TIPEC community

Hope to get to some of your monthly meets! :)

Vice Chairman North

North West / Cheshire and Staffs regions

991 C2S
Shared 924 track car
944 lux road legal track car

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:31 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Well done gents. Don't forget we have our first 'Northern-ish Inter Region Breakfast/Brunch Meet' on the 9th April at Collingham. Probably the longest event title in the Club's history, but if you can gather a few Yorkshire types to attend that'd be good. There's been loads of interest in Yorkshire get-togethers on Porsche Owners UK on FB recently.

997Man - Chris the North West region still do treasure hunt events. Obviously these days we have to be very careful regarding busy roads, parking difficulties etc but they make a great 'family' event for our region. Last year we included a mobile 'phone 'selfie' challenge for the first time!