Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:21 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Scottish Region March Monthly Meeting Mnutes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:27 pm 

Still at the tail of end of winter and many of the Porkers are still tucked up but signs of spring on the way. Tonight's meeting was about the season a head and we talked about events and shows and have now put together for the 2015 season. Also we had our Scalextric GT3 race night at Boness Motor Museum. There were 13 bodies tonight and a warm welcome to Bill Armitage new member from Cumbernauld with the 2.7 Boxster.(Did you manage to get your lights fixed Bill)

Listed below is the proposed diary of events etc for this coming season and I will circulate separate emails regarding certain events such as the boat trip in August and the Silverstone Classic trip and the TIPEC annual trip. We had a few requests for a detailing evening and the Classic car workshop restoration visit evening to which we have managed to arrange as per the list below.

There is a couple of new shows on the list this year for example the Ingliston Revival show to which you can visit on www.ingliston.co.uk/ . Also this year some of us are contemplating the Silverstone Classic weekend at Silverstone. I personally have booked the Silverstone weekend myself as I have never been before and wished a different trip down south this year. The Dundee Museum Show is also new for this coming season and the ever popular Concourse and BBQ day out will be with us again for 2015 with a new easy to enter format in to either competition as required.

So all in all another action packed season a head and I would like to think something for all the family at some point during the season, not just for the petrol head but as I have said for all the family to attend and enjoy.

Also this evening was our Scalextric Porsche GT3 race night a chance to race a GT3 at great speeds only on a Scalextric track though lol. Congratulations to Clive Ashby the winner and to Martin Whitelaw the runner up. Just a bit of added fun to a monthly club meeting night and something a bit different. Prizes and a trophy of course were presented and ive never danced around a Scalextric track putting the cars back on the track as much as that ever before lol.

Elaine, James and myself look forward to seeing you all this coming season and below is where we will be this season.

Month Date Event Location Cut-off date

May
17th Classic Vehicle Show Bridge Of Allan
(Stirling) 02/05/2015
May 31st Sunday Lunch Run and Castle Visit
(East Lothian)

June
3rd
(Wed) Restoration demo visit
Evening and Buffet
(East Lothian) ALL WELCOME
7th 40th Historic Motor Extravaganza Thirlstaine Castle (Lauder) 25/04/2015

21st Festival Of Historic Transport
(approx 8 cars required) Lathalmond
(Fife) 02/05/2015
28th Moffat Classic Car Rally Moffat Showground ASAP
July 1st
(Wed) Angelwax car detailing
Demo evening Bones Motor Museum ALL WELCOME
5th TIPEC Annual show Beaulieu
12th Scottish Transport Extravaganza Glamis Castle 20/05/2015

19th Annual BBQ and Concourse day out Boness Motor Museum
(Boness)
24/25 and 26th Silverstone Classic Event Weekend Silvertone ASAP
August
2nd Kaimes Classic Vehicle Show Muirkirk
(Ayrshire)
9th Dundee Motor Show Dundee Museum of Transport N/A
23rd Sunday Lunch run and Boat cruise House Of Darrach (Gartocharn Village and Loch Katrine) ASAP
30th Scotland s Largest Gathering
Of Porsches Event. Calderglen Country Park
(East Kilbride)
September 5/6th (Club Stand Sunday only 6th) Boness Hill Climb Racing Event Boness TBA
September 13th Ingliston Revival Event Ingliston Show Ground
Edinburgh TBA
20th Selkirk Rally Classic Vehicle
Show Selkirk
(Scottish Borders) 07/08/2015
October
2nd/3rd/4th Autumn weekend run
TBA TBA
TBC

November 12th
(Thurs) Ten Pin Bowling evening Deer Park Country Club.
(Livingston)
December TBA Christmas Bash TBA TBA

If any member requires more information on any aspect of the Scottish Region’s activities this season then please do not hesitate to contact James, Elaine or myself. We are only to happy to answer and help with any questions you may have. Our contact details are as below:
Neil Fraser neil@fraser72.freeserve.co.uk RO Scotland. Elaine Whitelaw elainewhitelaw6@msn.com ARO West of Scotland James McLauchlan jjlin@blueyonder.co.uk ARO East of Scotland

May I remind all members who require servicing, maintenance or repairs to their Porsche to contact:
Brian Miller Motors,
Edinburgh
Tel.0131 443 7806
Brian who is a Porsche trained mechanic has over 45 years experience in the business and caters for German marques in addition to Porsche.

A reminder also that anyone wishing to submit an article for the next “ALL TORQUE” magazine please send this into Tony ASAP for publication. His contact details are tony@typescape.com He is looking for Porsche related articles or pictures possibly a recent project undertaken or recent trip out! So get pen to paper or fingers to the keyboard.

We look forward to seeing you all at the April meeting.
We meet at 7.30 for an 8.00pm start on the first Wednesday of every month at:
Bo-Ness Motor Museum,
Bridgeness Road,
Bo-Ness,
EH51 9JR.
The museum has a wonderful collection of ‘James Bond’ cars and memorabilia and offers light refreshments. There is ample parking for members and visitors.

Many thanks,

Neil Fraser (RO SCOTLAND)
MOBY 07946616782