Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:28 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Scottish Region 2015 season update.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:37 am 

Hi Everyone,

We are currently working behind the scenes putting together this years diary of events from your suggestions and ideas. One of the ideas was a Sunday Lunch Run and Boat trip so i have managed to arrange and enquire in to this all be it still very early in the year. Our intention is to visit The House Of Darrach at Loch Lomond for a bite to eat then followed by a we run North of Loch Lomond approx. 30 miles to Loch Katrine for a 2 hr. Boat Cruise around the Trossachs.

The Boat trip is a very popular event and gets booked up fast every season so i intend to book very soon based on numbers wishing to go. I have spoke to the Loch organisers and if we go as a group of 20 persons or more then we can have it for £11.20 per person as apposed to the normal £15 as per there website. There is ample car parking at the Loch and the proposed date is Sunday 23rd August. Our intention is to meet up at the House Of Darrach for some retail therapy and a bite to eat around midday then drive to the Boat for the 1615 Boat trip to which the cruise lasts 2 hrs. I admit it’s only February but this type of event is booking up fast and i am not wishing to wait till later and find out there is no availability.

As i have mentioned we are just about there with the rest of the seasons events etc. and another event this year suggestion was a trip down south to visit the Silverstone Classic 2015 event which will be the 24/25/and 26th of July. A fantastic looking event with every type of entertainment all on one site all day racing, Shopping Village, Live Music, aerial displays,Car demonstrations, Live auctions and much much more. This months All Torque has a discount code for this event and it gives a generous discount for example if 2 persons and one car is going with the discount code you can have the 3 day pass for just £99 normally it would be £99 per person also you would park your Porsche at the TIPEC Club stand in the car club section. Accommodation in the area is booking up fast even this early on in the year and i was looking online at the Milton Keynes area approx. 12 miles away does still have Hotel availability so if you intend to go then please book your tickets early i.e. now as they are on offer at the moment then get you Hotel etc. booked ASAP also. For those wishing to go to this event please book early to avoid disappointment!!!!!!!!

Also the Clubs annual event at Beaulieu is on the 7th of July this year a heck of a trek and myself and a few others did have a fantastic weekend last year, a great venue and show and the surrounding area was simply stunning and well worth a visit. approx. 500 cars last year and i can’t praise the event and area enough truth be told. A 1000 mile round trip but a fabby weekend it was. I personally will go to the Silverstone Classic Event as above this year for a wee change having done the Annual show last year, so we are spoiled for choice for a trip down south this season. Beaulieu will be pay on the day £10 per person and that gets you in to everything onsite. Again book accommodation early to avoid disappointment.

The Clubs AGM will be held on the 12th April 2015 at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon, if you wish to attend please contact cluboffice@tipec.net as numbers for catering etc. are required.

The Spring weekend details will be finalised in the next 7-10 days or so. Please look out for that James, Elaine and Bruce are currently putting that weekend together and will come back to us soon. We will be having a Detailing demo by Angelwax in the Summer and also a Restoration evening workshop visit and buffet evening both events will be June and July time. Also a Karting evening event plus a Ten Pin Bowling evening all these events etc. are from your suggestions and ideas and as we would like action all your great ideas sadly we can only do a few as you are aware. Scotland’s Largest Gathering of Porsches Event will be on the 30th August 2015 a great turnout last year with approx. 130 Porkers on display and the Sun was shining as it will be this year. The annual BBQ and Concourse event will be a date in July and a different format will be introduced with reference to which competition you wish to go in to, detail's to be released very soon regarding that. Other shows and ideas will be be finalised very soon so bare with us till then.

At the regions club meeting on Wednesday (February 4th) night it was formally voted that the current RO and ARO’S will stand for the 2015 season as no other candidate came forward and the current team were happy to continue in there current role. Many thanks for your support and nice comments regarding the current team of James , Elaine and myself.

PLEASE PLEASE if you wish to go on the Boating day out contact me ASAP and ill do the rest meantime. The trip down south please get that booked also i know it’s only February but people are booking accommodation already and its thin as it is. Let me know your intentions so i can compile lists for various outing etc..

Speak very soon

Neil Fraser RO Scotland.

Post subject: Re: Scottish Region 2015 season update.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Many of the Scottish region heading to Blyton in May to support the club track day?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:53 pm 

TIPEC membership: 2982
At 300miles one way & a five hour drive I doubt there will be many attending. Especially when the national show has been put at the most southerly point available for a second year..... Perhaps a visit to Knockhill for next years club track day? We'd all attended that one!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:00 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Only asking because I know that many from Scotland were happy to do loads of motorway miles to Beaulieu last year. Relatively speaking, Blyton is fairly close...

Personally I'll not bother with Beaulieu because of the distance from Lancashire and the paid entrance (which is full price if you're not in a Porsche ). But each to their own.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:22 pm 

TIPEC membership: 2982
Yes I fully agree, as good a show as it was it's just too far to travel. I made the trip last year and combined it with the Festival of Speed at Goodwood the following weekend.