Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:40 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TIPEC North West 2013 round-up
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6364
As 2013 draws to a close I thought it might be an idea to reflect on the events that TIPEC NW members have either 'made happen' or been involved with locally this year. I can't be bothered to list all the car shows, classic car shows and drippy rusty junk shows that we could've listed on our web-page that anybody locally would be aware of anyway. Likewise I'll not bore you with the monthly Preston Super Car Meet or the Mytton Hall Supercar Sunday events: they aren't TIPEC events, they are open to anyone.

So for 2013, in the NW we have had 12 monthly meets (not hard to work out) and of those meets, one included a slide show, one included feely-bags and one included our annual quiz. All of the monthly meets have involved eating and drinking, jovial banter and always a good turn-out of Porsche cars in the car park.

TIPEC NW have attended some events organised by other people: there was the Oulton Park RS/Porsche-only track day in April and of course the Gold Cup event in the summer. We also gate-crashed Porsche Club GB's 'Porsches on the Prom' event down in Llandudno, there was the trophy-winning Tatton Park show, the German Classics show at Haigh Hall and of course a late season track day at Oulton. We provided a good show of cars at the Jasmine Motorsport open day and, regionally, probably had the highest turn-out of participants in the club's anniversary track-day at Blyton Park. There was also the Porkers in the Trough event, complete with road closures... and many of you have attended national events run by, or attended by, the club.

Independently, off-our-own-backs, thought-of-it-ourselves, original material wise we've had another busy year: We've organised a trip to the cinema, Scalextric racing, a treasure hunt, a concourse event with barbeque, a detailing demo with a professional detailer, a European tour (including a Porsche factory tour and museum visit and the Nurburgring), a caving and driving event, a visit to Hartech and last but not least, we've had five Chippy Tea runs. There's also, at the time of writing, the Christmas Party yet to come.

A genuine thank you goes out to all of our members (and friends of the club) who have been involved with TIPEC in the North West this year. It is you guys and girls that make the region what it is and you should all be proud of your involvement. We've had a really good year and I look forward to 2014 being as good or even better!

Post subject: Re: TIPEC North West 2013 round-up
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6665
It has been an enjoyable year and a big thanks to Andy, Richard and Simon their organisation and everyone else for supporting them and the NW region.

1996 - 993 Carrera 4 - Polar Silver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:01 am 

TIPEC membership: 6650
Thank you Richard for a fantastic 'round up' of TIPEC North West.

I am so proud to be part of this club and genuinely look forward to attending and taking part in any of the many varied events organised by 'our' local group. I have made many friends and also would like to thank everybody for their help, support and involvement in making it what it is.........

Looking forward to a great year ahead, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone. :santa:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
I am welling up :lol:

Seriously, well done guys it's been an eventful year in the North West. :thumbup:

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6747
I would like to add my thanks to Andy, Richard and Simon for organising a wide range of enjoyable events and great days out. Also thanks to Diane for all the help she gives Richard in planning and implementing these events. This year has been good fun, with a great bunch of like minded people, so here's to 2014. Can it get any better?

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all the members of TIPEC (the only Porsche club to be in) :bigsmurf:

Zermat Silver 1984 924 shared track day car

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6364
Can it get any better? Hmm let me see... We're planning a Scottish trip, Turbery bird sanctuary including Crossen Corners, Liverpool U Boat ad Mersey tunnels, at least one track day, some sort of road-side cafe spectacular, maybe the Lakes motor museum again, a Porsche restorer visit, cream tea at Mytton Hall and fish and chips!

I'm fairly sure we'll do another euro trip and I may even have a go at losing people in the country side on another treasure hunt. The Evo triangle is out there too!

Last edited by RichardKS on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6651
put me down for the fish and chips Richard :lol:

Vice Chairman North

North West / Cheshire and Staffs regions

991 C2S
Shared 924 track car
944 lux road legal track car

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:30 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6795
Still in my first year of TIPEC membership and what an amazing year it's been !!

Made some great friends, had some brilliant laughs and of course, fantastic Porsche related activities.

It's people that make a club and I'm really proud to be part of ours.

Thanks again to Andy, Simon, Richard & Diane for all the effort you put in to organising events, I know I speak for everyone when I say it's very much appreciated !!

Have a lovely Xmas and a healthy & prosperous 2014.

Very much looking forward to my 2nd year of TIPEC membership :)

All the best,

Doug.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6651
Echo all that Doug has stated... thanks to all our local organisers.

Also thanks to Sean and Jim and all the organisers at the national level for putting on some cracking events...looking forward to 2014 :D

Vice Chairman North

North West / Cheshire and Staffs regions

991 C2S
Shared 924 track car
944 lux road legal track car