Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:22 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Any activity in NE?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 am 

TIPEC membership: 1933
Hi,

I'm a new (returning) member in the NE region, and would like to know whether there is much activity going on here?

I have a 996 Carrera 4, Millennium Edition, in immaculate condition, and would love the opportunity to show it off to people who appreciate these beautiful cars!

I originally joined the North-East Porsche Drivers Club (NEPDC), which then merged with Tipec, and wonder if there are any members from 25 years ago? It would be great to chat/ meet up.

I had a black 924 when I joined, followed by 2 928's, a gold one, then an Iris Blue S2.

Looking forward to some replies! Cheers.

Iris Blue 928 S2
Gold 928
Black 924

Post subject: Re: Any activity in NE?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6364
Welcome back, but it would appear that there are no events listed on the regional page on the main web site and there's a vacancy for an R.O.

If you fancy a drive over to the North West Region you'd be made welcome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6229
Skype ID: paultate79
Alternativly coming join us PCGB at the Dun Cow on the second Wednesday of the month, the NE Tipec meet is just to far round trip every month for me to travel & they won't alternate venues...

If you would like more details just let me know ?

05 Lancer Evolution VIII MR FQ400 #29 - Gunmetal Grey
04 Impreza WR1 #271 - Ice Blue
99 Avant S4 - Light Silver Metallic
99 Impreza RB5 WR Sport #361 - Steel Blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:00 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4734
Tooty wrote:
Alternativly coming join us PCGB at the Dun Cow on the second Wednesday of the month, the NE Tipec meet is just to far round trip every month for me to travel & they won't alternate venues...

If you would like more details just let me know ?

When I was RO I did ask about alternating venues between the Sporting Lodge and somewhere further north, but at that time no-one was interested...... :?

I don't think that any of the old members from that far back are still in the club. Steve Taylor still has a Porsche or two, but he works abroad most of the time and we never saw him at the monthly meets.

1992 968 Coupe in midnight blue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6364
Are there any NE members, I wonder, who might fancy a run-out in the spring for a meet-up with the NW region? You know, early Sunday morning breakfast run across country or summat to a mutually convenient meeting point for a natter and to err, share the club spirit...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Andy is the ARO, he should be able to communicate this sort of activity if he is made aware of it.

He can also forward the contact details for the Regional Members so that others can organise events etc. :)

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Although I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would like to the club the north east is still active if any one would like to have meetings further north in our area: be my guest just let me know and I will see if I can attend and bring some of the die hard people who come to the lodge meetings to come along
The north east has attended sevral events this year see the year review in the next AT mag
The club needs a RO for the north untill that happens I will do what I can to keep it ticking over
The first meeting I went to in a pub on the A19 I wastold by the 5 memers that The RO was leaving due to work commitments I was told if there was to be a tipec in the north I would be it We move the meets to the Sporting Lodge and the club grew Then simon came on board I became ARO and the north grew in numbers he did a great job over the last few years the club reduced in size and si had to leave the club and had other work comitments

Tipec is a great club for the Porsche enthuiast and it is what its member make it, post on the forum ,go to evnts, come to club nights, wright stuff for the mag but get invoved NE has about 20 members but I only see 3or 4 at club nights and looking at the addresses its not because of the meeting location most people live within a 15 Min drive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:40 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Although I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would like to the club the north east is still active if any one would like to have meetings further north in our area: be my guest just let me know and I will see if I can attend and bring some of the die hard people who come to the lodge meetings to come along
The north east has attended sevral events this year see the year review in the next AT mag
The club needs a RO for the north untill that happens I will do what I can to keep it ticking over
The first meeting I went to in a pub on the A19 I wastold by the 5 memers that The RO was leaving due to work commitments I was told if there was to be a tipec in the north I would be it We move the meets to the Sporting Lodge and the club grew Then simon came on board I became ARO and the north grew in numbers he did a great job over the last few years the club reduced in size and si had to leave the club and had other work comitments

Tipec is a great club for the Porsche enthuiast and it is what its member make it, post on the forum ,go to evnts, come to club nights, wright stuff for the mag but get invoved NE has about 20 members but I only see 3or 4 at club nights and looking at the addresses its not because of the meeting location most people live within a 15 Min drive

Post subject: Does anyone else remember the North East Porsche Drives Club
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:53 am 

TIPEC membership: 7837
Does anyone remember the North East Porsche Drives Club ?

Used to meet monthly east of Durham - might have been at Thornley ?

Is it still running ?

I used to drive up from West Yorkshire in a Golf GTI 16V Mk2 - was broken into on one occasion.
I also wrote articles for the Club magazine.

Is the Club still running ?

Does anyone have the old Club magazines - I have lost mine in house moves - would love to show people the articles

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:47 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7837
Nobody remember ?

Chris