Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What a Difference Searching Around Makes!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:05 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5516
Up until today I was resigned to the fact I'd be paying just over £1000 for insurance on my 944, none of the places that do TIPEC discounts would insure me, only place doing classic insurance for the car was Lancaster which was £1040 per year, I was happy with this because all the rest of the quotes just for fully comp insurance where over £2000 on the off chance I sent an email request off to classicline (they are the NSRA insurer (National Street Rod Association)) I heard nothing for a couple of days and thought the price was too silly to send (a lot of others haven't sent me anything and when I've rang up it's either "we won't insure you" OR "that'll be £3000 please")

Just incase you're wondering I have just turned 21 and despite having insured more performance cars including 4 Porsches than most people do in a lifetime I'm still considered as being more of a risk than Mr. balding middle aged man with something to proove in his first Porsche ;)

Classicline have quoted £845 with an agreed valueation of £5000 for the Porsche - brilliant on the phone service too I won't hesistate to recommend them :)

Will certainly be ringing those up again when I get the second car soon (not a Porsche unfortunetely an MG or Triumph).