Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Insurance claim nightmare
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 pm 

My wifes Boxster was parked on the road in front of our drive as she was shortly going shopping when my daughter in her car reversed off the drive and into the front wing. My daughters car is insured with Zurich , her as the main driver and me as an occasional driver. My wifes Boxster is insured with Saga, her as the main driver and me as an occasional driver. We rang Zurich to make a claim on both vehicles, giving them all of the details. The following day we received a call to say that my daughters car would be picked up by a local repairer and they would drop off a courtesy car. We said that the Porsche needed to be repaired by a Porsche approved garage. We went to Lloyds Autobody in Manchester for a thorough quote, which Zurich accepted and following discussions with my wife they even agreed to supply another Boxster while hers was in for repair. So far so good. However the very next day Zurich rang to say that they could not cover the damage to the Boxster due to the fact that my wife was the registered keeper of both vehicles. ( we bought my daughters car as a surprise 18th present 2 years ago and for whatever reason at the time put my wife down as the keeper ). Therefore the damage to the Boxster had to be claimed from Saga ( another excess payment. ). Saga were totally cr@p, didn't want Lloyds to do the repairs, wanted to trailer the car to Luton for repair, the claims handlers were occasionally obnoxious, difficult to get hold of and rarely rang back after we left messages. Eventually after two and a half weeks aggravation they agreed to allow Lloyds to start the repairs. Fortunately Lloyds lent us a car for the total four and a half weeks that they had our car, and they did a first class job.
Moral of the story is, don't damage your own property with your own property and don't use Saga..