Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2gether insurance
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4952
Skype ID: JW590
Has anybody used them, and most importantly is the car kept on the drive or in the garage?

They say they promise to beat any quote - but they seem to be not honouring their promise now. Before anybody says - the letter I have does not say 'like for like' in the promise.

They are saying that they will have to sub-broke to get a quote for parking the car on the drive.

Anybody got any experience of this company?

1991 944S2, 222000 miles.
2007 Audi A4 Avant Tdi 140 S-Line
2014 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG
1995 Triumph TR6

Post subject: Re: 2gether insurance
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi John,

We work with a number of insurance underwriters, this allows us to be extremely competitive in this market without having to compromise on the level of cover. Each insurer we work with has a slightly different underwriting criteria, this allows us to tailor a policy to an individuals need.

If you are interested in a quotation or further information please PM me your contact details so we could discuss what option would be most suitable for you.

Kind Regards
Katrina
2gether Insurance
01945 465508

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm 

I wouldn't get involved Katrina.

Go and speak to Dominic.

1995 Triumph TR6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:27 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6506
i have a policy with them. Car on the drive. Low premium. Have not had a claim so cant comment from that point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 pm 

Thank you Andy, just what I wanted to hear. This is what they e-mailed me today (cut and paste from original) -

IM AFRAID JOHN THAT` WE CANT QUOTE ON THE DRIVE WITH THIS KIND OF VEHICLE.

There is a reason for them saying this that I will not disclose at this moment.

1995 Triumph TR6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6587
I did note that "2gether Insurance" have a place on the opening page of TIPEC website, does this mean that TIPEC are endorsing this insurance (broker) company?
I have had a quotation from them this year (via the internet) but they do not seem to be as clued-up in our classic car needs as other companies.....
In their defence, perhaps I should have given them a ring.
Has anyone had experience of them when it comes to a claim? - Therein lies the crunch!!!
It's all well and good striving for the cheapest insurance, but in the event of an accident, we all need to ensure that our beloved vehicles are completely covered by the insurance premium that we pay.
I don't mind paying a few quid more in the secure knowledge that, in the event of a claim, I am covered.

What about "agreed valuation"?
Breakdown insurance?
Food for thought...
Over to you "2gether Insurance" !!!

Ford Transit Compass Motorhome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Companies pay to advertise on the website.

CVI are our endorsed insurer, this does not mean that they will be the cheapest or the best. They pay us for that privelidge and having met them we are happy with for them to be a sponsor. The partnership will only work for them if they are competive and sell lots of policies.

2gether insurance have taken a years advertising package. Just like the above, if they are not competitive they will not sell many policies and have paid us for nothing.

Either way we all win, with either a great policy or much welcomed cash for the club.

Insurance is a fiercely competitive market, you need to shop around and ensure that you get a policy that covers your requirements.

Agreed Valuations
Breakdown Cover
European Travel
Track Days
Use for commuting
Multi vehicle policies, etc, etc.

The insurance company may also have some requirements.

Garaged after 22:30
Can not be used for work
30 days euro cover
Limited mileage etc, etc

You then pays your money with the confidence that you have a policy that suits your needs. :)

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm 

I had asked for quote, rang me for details, needed to get back to underwriters on Monday.Not heard from them since so assume they are not competitve with current insurance quote (Classicline)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6465
Skype ID: cliffindenmead
When I was looking for cover before I bought 'Red Rooster' 2gether were really helpful and responsive to queries regarding different 944 wishes, that's one reason I decided to insure through them. The other was the actual cost of cover. Great!! as the 944 has been on axle stands during restoration and not able to go on the road until March this year.

No claims experience of this company though. Hopefully, I won't need to find out either.

The underwriter I spoke to was really interested in the 944 too. Had a great conversation with him.

Porsche 944 Lux 1987 Guards Red - The fastest colour
Currently under rolling restoration
BMW 116D daily driver
Yamaha Fazer 800 in blue

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:40 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi John,
I am glad we were able to arrange a policy that suits your needs.
I hope you will be happy with our service!

944bob
Please do not hesitate to give us a call or contact me via the forum when your renewal is due & we will discuss some options.
Please be assured we have being insuring cherished vehicle for many years and our staff are very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do.
We will always do our best to offer a competitive price without compromising on the level of cover or service.

Agreed Value
Salvage Retention
Breakdown Cover
+ more

I really do hope you will find our presence on the forum helpful, we are here to answer any insurance related queries you may have.

Post subject: Re: 2gether insurance - what really happened
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 pm 

2Gether Insurance wrote:
Hi John,
I am glad we were able to arrange a policy that suits your needs.
I hope you will be happy with our service!

That sounds all nice and sweet, and they are quick to jump on here and put that comment on. However here's what really happened and what the state of play is now.....

I sent out 19 e-mails looking for quotes. Some quoted, some didn't respond, some asked for telephone numbers so they could get me on the phone. I replied informing that other companies were able to quote from all the information given - and to be fair CVI responded and produced a quote. I also went on three comparison sites - Moneysupermarket, comparethemarket, and one other I cannot remember the name of.

I received an e-mail from 2gether insurance, and also a letter from them (nobody else sent a letter). I e-mailed them back and asked them to inform me how they had become involved because they were not on my list. They ignored this e-mail.

Here are the quotes I received - if any of the usual companies are not named it's because they didn't quote.

2gether insurance...............£145 with 'select panel of insurers'
CVI..................................£163 with KGM at Lloyds (£150 excess)
Compare the Market............£186 with Performance Direct (£400 excess and a free toy)
Peter S Taylor....................£193 with Allianz (£250 excess)
Classicline.........................£215 with Equity Insurance (£250 excess)
Adrian Flux........................£242 with Chaucer (£250 excess)
Hagerty............................£280 with Hiscox (£100 excess)

I telephoned in to 2gether, but I was told that the actual quote was £281 with Chaucer because of parking on the drive. After I had confirmed the other quotes and the 'parking on the drive' with them all, I telephoned back into 2gether because their letter and e-mails say they will guarantee to beat any quote (does not say like for like). I forwarded all the information to their man Dominic. That was Friday 22 June at 1353.

As there was no news, I e-mailed in on Tuesday 26 June at 1050 asking if he had any figures for me to consider.

The response at 1233 was an e-mail from Dominic to me saying 'DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING ON ABOUT BUT LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE QUOTING HIM' (he uses capitals a lot). Obviously I should not have received this.

I responded at 1417 telling him what I was on about and that it was actually sent for him.

His response was 'CAN YOU EMAIL THE QUOTE THAT YOU HAVE HAD SO I CAN CONFIRM ON A LIKE FOR LIKE BASIS'

So I forwarded the CVI quote. His response was 'have you phoned these guys and confirmed details with them?'

I confirmed I had and sent the list of quotes that I had (see above).

His response - IM AFRAID JOHN THAT` WE CANT QUOTE ON THE DRIVE WITH THIS KIND OF VEHICLE. WE GUARANTEE TO BEAT ANY LIKE FOR LIKE QUOTE, HOWEVER AS WE REQUIRE THE VEHICLE TO BE GARAGED WE HAVE TO SUB-BROKE THE RISK TO OBTAIN A PRICE. THEREFORE WE HAVE NO SAY ON THE PRICE. THEREFORE THE BEST QUOTE WE HAVE IS THE £281.00 PRICE WITH CHAUCER

This was clearly a lie as they had already quoted with it parked on the drive - hence the £281.

E-mails went to and fro where Dominic tried to wangle out of offering cover, but I stood my ground because at the end of the day I'm doing anything wrong other than saying "you promised to beat any quote... so do it". I commented that the responses to my posting on the TIPEC site would be interesting - and andyjgal came up with the response I wanted. The last e-mail after that was to say 'WHAT I AM GOING TO DO IS TALK TO ONE OF MY UNDERWRITERS AT 9.00AM'. I CAN LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME BY 9.30. I WILL DO MY BEST FOR YOU.

The next morning there was an e-mail from Dominic saying 'I HAVE SPOKEN TO MY DIRECTOR AND HE HAS AUTHORISED A PRICE OF £150.00 WITH FREE UK BREAKDOWN AND 100 EXCESS'.

There was also a message on my answer machine from Gary Haime, the managing director. I called back in and spoke to him. He's a reasonable person, obviously wants to get business out of us (as he does on lots of other car websites - and good luck to him) and sorted out the insurance at £150 with £100 excess, <3000 miles, free UK breakdown cover, free personal accident cover (it's not much cover), and free legal expenses. The policy is with Equity Red Star. I paid and he sent all the documentation over to me so that I could print off what was necessary, sign it and return it.

The e-mail wasn't sent to me until 1737 that evening (27th). I checked everything through and sent an e-mail back at 1155 on 28 June with all amendments (accuracy of dates really) and a couple of queries - endorsements are referred to but are nowhere to be found, and windscreen cover / excess is different on the policy certificate than it says in the policy book. I want it all to be right before signing anything and asked if they were sending new documents out. I sent it to Dominic and Gary. Unfortunately I got Gary's e-mail address wrong, but Dominic's was correct. As I had heard nothing I corrected Gary's e-mail address and sent it all again, to both of them, at 1201 on 29 June (today).............. I still have not heard anything back.

So, am I happy with the service? Not really. They have ignored e-mails, I've been lied to, been sent e-mails obviously destined for an internal colleague at 2gether, had to stand my ground as they tried to wangle out of providing cover, find the professionalism of Dominic to be non-existent (not to mention his awful grammar and CAPITALS), have still not been sent amended documents to sign almost 36 hours after requesting them - they'll probably do it on Monday..... if I'm lucky.

Once all the amendments are completed I'll have got what I wanted, which is cover at a reasonable price - although I've had to fight for it to get a company to honour their pledge of 'we guarantee to beat any quote'..... which to be fair they have done - and probably at a loss.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this company. At the end of the day any company can make mistakes - and these do get a slating on a few car-club websites, but as long as they come up with the goods and honour their promises....... After all, if you don't tell them they can't improve their service. If you're going to call them for a quote I would do all your research first and then approach them with your best quote and ask them to beat it. I would strongly advise against dealing with Dominic - he's the one who lied to me.

Make your own minds up - but despite my experience I'm happy with what I've ended up with.... when it turns up!

1995 Triumph TR6

Last edited by JW590 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Interesting reading, a lot of effort on your part to save £13. Well done for sticking with it, the feedback will hopefully speed things up for others :wink:

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:30 am 

Sean Smallman wrote:
Interesting reading, a lot of effort on your part to save £13. Well done for sticking with it, the feedback will hopefully speed things up for others :wink:

It became a mission based on principle more than money Sean - although like Tesco say... every little helps!

I'd have accepted if it was £1 cheaper. Overall it's a better policy than what CVI were offering and I'm happy with it.

I also hope it makes it easier for both sides in the future - TIPEC members and 2gether.

Anyway, now it's insured I've been on a nice 50 mile drive this morning..... how I've missed it :D

1995 Triumph TR6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 am 

2Gether Insurance wrote:

944bob
Please do not hesitate to give us a call or contact me via the forum when your renewal is due & we will discuss some options.
Please be assured we have being insuring cherished vehicle for many years and our staff are very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do.
We will always do our best to offer a competitive price without compromising on the level of cover or service.

Agreed Value
Salvage Retention
Breakdown Cover
+ more

I really do hope you will find our presence on the forum helpful, we are here to answer any insurance related queries you may have.

Thank you for your response, I shall contact you when my insurance is due,
Cheers,
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:45 am 

JW590 - that is quite a lengthy explanation but, nevertheless, well worthy of reading.
Good on ya, fella.