Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Original sport seat retrim in leather and leatherette
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:14 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I would love to hear that someone out there knows where I could get my sport seats re-trimmed which are in a combination of leather and leatherette. I just want them done as original preferably as I don't think the drivers side is salvageable for repair as the leather has worn though on the bolster and piping has broken as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I would also like my dash top covered in dark blue leather to get rid of the usual cracking issue and any experiences on this would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Original sport seat retrim in leather and leatherette
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6926
Most trimmers will do the seats for you the problem can be the perforated leather it is very expensive, so if yours is OK then I would just do the bolsters much cheaper! :D .....Or do as I did buy the covers and replace yourself it is not that hard just time consuming......

for the dash I would look at 928 leather shop they do a leather dash cover at a good price and the fit is perfect again a job you can yourself, I can imagine a trimmer would charge alot for this if they have to remove the dash

Post subject: Re: Original sport seat retrim in leather and leatherette
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
kongsodoken wrote:
Most trimmers will do the seats for you the problem can be the perforated leather it is very expensive, so if yours is OK then I would just do the bolsters much cheaper! :D .....Or do as I did buy the covers and replace yourself it is not that hard just time consuming......

for the dash I would look at 928 leather shop they do a leather dash cover at a good price and the fit is perfect again a job you can yourself, I can imagine a trimmer would charge alot for this if they have to remove the dash

Thanks for the advice, the dash cover does look good value and i'll order one.It looks like my local trimmer can recover my seats a tad cheaper than buying the covers and doing it myself so i'll leave the seats to them! :D Thanks again, Mike