Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 928 Alloy wheels - restored
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm 

Fully restored, shot blasted and painted front and back. Come with centrecaps 7x16 ET 65 £295 Collection only from Essex (Easy access from M25, A12, A120) Image Image Thanks Stu

Last edited by backto89 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 928 Alloy wheels - restored
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:57 am 

that's a nice looking bug...
yours??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am 

Yup homage, see ultra vw september for the 6 page feature.
Eighties cal look based on a famous bug from the uk, and very quick with an loony 1835 engine out back.
So whos going to offer me some notes for these alloys. Open to offers, but after buying n restoring im not making anything on them now.
Stu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 am 

backto89 wrote:
Yup homage, see ultra vw september for the 6 page feature.
Eighties cal look based on a famous bug from the uk, and very quick with an loony 1835 engine out back.
So whos going to offer me some notes for these alloys. Open to offers, but after buying n restoring im not making anything on them now.
Stu

Hi Stu :)

I doubt you will sell them...

Two problems with them...

1, They are not meant to be painted as they are anodised....

2, They are much too expensive....they go for around £100 to £200 on Ebay....

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:19 am 

Thanks Brett thats really useful.

Show me a £100 set of 4, id love to know where your looking for them as id buy two sets!

I know the prices these wheels go for in an unrestored state 150 -250 as it took me ages to get the size/offset that I wanted and had taken sometime to review ebay, forums for the wheels (originally these were going on my Golf Gti, but kept the BBS's before selling the car). So the price of these rims are set at £295 which doesnt come close to what ive paid for the rims and getting them restored, but I am open to sensible offers as I now need the space.
This is what I got for around £200 in an unrestored state!

To get them in the condition there in now was a lot of work.

I wouldnt of had them anodised, far to expensive to do. These rims have been sent to the paintshop after having a lot of work on them, and painted and laquered to give them a nice robust shiney finish.

So if your after a set of nice alloys, get in touch.

Thanks

Stu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 pm 

TIPEC membership: 666
edited - as to no offend the OP.

Last edited by demonfish on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:22 pm 

Within a month of the rear in black, they will be full of road grime, brake dust. What are you on? Easy to wipe off tho, as there painted.
I will be sure to review items you guys have for sale and make useful suggestions as you guys have on this thread.
Stu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:09 pm 

TIPEC membership: 666
Thats fine if you feel the need to do so.

I was only offering an opinion as to the price.

Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:37 pm 

Hi :)

You are way over priced is all I was saying....

I have a spare set of them WITH legal rubber on them and I would bite anyones hands off if offered £200 for them......

You didn't have to have them anodised....ALL 928 slots already are anodised and ALL are 65 offset by the way....

When you advertise stuff for sale here, you must take any advice, either good or bad....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 pm 

You are entitled to your opinion, I have taken both of your advice (although non was good) and there not your rims to sell.
Unhelpful comments and trolling on someones for sale add is bad etiquette in anyones book. If I was selling for say £400 then sure you may have a case for them being overpriced, but for say your price for a stock used unrestored set at £200 and im asking for an extra £40 - £100 on top for a set painted, I think you have too much time on your hands and should stop trolling.
Im very aware of the prices these go for, and also the overpriced shite that is out there, that isnt remotely restored and going for mega bucks because of so called rarity (not these particular rims I might add). I was at a swapmeet with these and I had lots of people, stating that they were the best rims in the place (rest was made up of ugly 70s rims unrestored, and various Porsche rims, Fuchs, Cups, Teledials going for mega bucks), and I asked if the price was about right to which each one said yes (especially including the centrecaps), it was unfortunate they didnt sell that day.

Tyres your best of splitting and selling seperate IMHO! I wasnt aware that they all came in ET65 offset does that inclued the 8's?

Just to get back to the plot before I lose the will to live - There a clean set of wheels, and priced (dont forget the ono) at a price to reflect the condition (i.e. good condition, fresh paint). Pictures do not show these rims as they really are.

Stu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm 

backto89 wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion, I have taken both of your advice (although non was good) and there not your rims to sell.
Unhelpful comments and trolling on someones for sale add is bad etiquette in anyones book. If I was selling for say £400 then sure you may have a case for them being overpriced, but for say your price for a stock used unrestored set at £200 and im asking for an extra £40 - £100 on top for a set painted, I think you have too much time on your hands and should stop trolling.
Im very aware of the prices these go for, and also the overpriced shite that is out there, that isnt remotely restored and going for mega bucks because of so called rarity (not these particular rims I might add). I was at a swapmeet with these and I had lots of people, stating that they were the best rims in the place (rest was made up of ugly 70s rims unrestored, and various Porsche rims, Fuchs, Cups, Teledials going for mega bucks), and I asked if the price was about right to which each one said yes (especially including the centrecaps), it was unfortunate they didnt sell that day.

Tyres your best of splitting and selling seperate IMHO! I wasnt aware that they all came in ET65 offset does that inclued the 8's?

Just to get back to the plot before I lose the will to live - There a clean set of wheels, and priced (dont forget the ono) at a price to reflect the condition (i.e. good condition, fresh paint). Pictures do not show these rims as they really are.

Stu

Hi Stu :)

All "slots" that are 7 inch come with a 65 offset....both front and rear....

My point about anodising versus paint was that a 928 owner would want anodised as thats what they were originally, VW Bug owners may well be different.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 pm 

These wheels have now sold. I got 270 in the end, so please dont take the advice of brett. He clearly hasnt got a clue!
Stu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
backto89 wrote:
These wheels have now sold. I got 270 in the end, so please dont take the advice of brett. He clearly hasnt got a clue!
Stu

where is the gagged smillie when you want one :twisted:

I think it's QED Stu.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 pm 

backto89 wrote:
Stu

Hi :)

No...clearly not a clue.....thats why I was the PCGB`s 928 moderator for 2 and a half years.....

I have helped HUNDREDS of 928 owners ...with advice and technical help.....and tools etc etc...

How many Porsche owners have you helped ????

NOTE ! THIS POST HAD BEEN MODERATED ! and not by me

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:01 am 

lol theres actually something helpful about you. Thought your head was firmly stuck up ya ass.
Like i said you got bad etiquette on this forum. You stated i wouldnt sell them, i have, on this topic you havent got a clue mate, your not helpful, and next time someone is selling bits my advice is stay out unless your buying, than trying to put over your negative points.
If someone needs my help i will give it, always have.
Good for you on your help to others, but to me you come over and have come over on this thread clueless.