Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Suggestions needed: replacement stereo headunit
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 pm 

I have the Becker Grand Prix installed now... almost. The ongoing saga of the brackets needed to convert the double DIN slot to 2*single DIN continues - I picked up another part from the OPC today, which contains the fascia back-plate, templates for the switch gear and the the central air vents. So the guy at the radio shop wasn't losing his mind when, after scratching his head trying to fit the wrong bracket in the dash said "it looks like you have to take the vents out or something". You need to take the vents out it seems. At the moment the head unit and climate controls are just "resting" in the dash.
Stereo works a treat and looks very nice (discrete, functional and oh so German!) in the centre console. The Bluetooth is cool - as soon as I get in the car with my mobile phone turned on, I'm connected and incoming phone calls come over the stereo, with a mike on the interior light. Marvellous. It would be good if I could the Phone's list of contacts to appear on the head-unit, but if there is a way to do that I haven't discovered it yet.
Next job is to wire it for iPod and have the man try again with the brackets!

Post subject: Re: Suggestions needed: replacement stereo headunit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:28 am 

TIPEC membership: 5024
simes69 wrote:
I'm expecting to finally receive my new Becker tomorrow, Stathis, so you can have my old Becker if you like. It's badged Porsche so should fit sympathetically in the car

Hi Simon,
For dome reason I only JUST saw your message (doh!) - so assuming you got your new Becker, and you still have the old one, I would be happy to make a donation to your favourite charity ;-) and help you dispose of the old one!

As much as I like & respect Pioneer's technology, I don't think it "fits" the old girl.