Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1988 Porsche 924S starter motor problem ?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hoping you could clarify a problem I have with our 1988 Porsche 924S. The starter motor stopped working, and we suspected the solenoid, but it was very rough looking because of where it is situated. We ordered a new starter motor from a company in England, and duly a completely re-manufactured in Poland starter motor arrived. Very well done, everything was Bosch, but as well as the large bolt for the main current wires, it had 2 spade connectors, one either side. Our old motor had just 1 small bolt-on connector. I mistakenly thought that all I needed was to change the connection, and push it on to the connector on left side. It fitted, but using either push-on connector it refused to do anything ! I took it out, and connected it to my jump-start, and again could get no response , either on both connections . Even running a small wire connecting them, no response. Contacted supplier who assured me they would send another motor, and make sure it had proper connector. Today received another motor exactly the same number, a ceevam SR3531, and it also will not do anything, and supplier just wants them back for a refund, which does not help me ! If I knew how to adjust the wiring , the motor seems to fit. It is obviously something to do with the double connectors, but as I say, it is a funny one ! Car off the road for 4 weeks, and wondering if you had any similar experience , and could advise me ? I am getting a bit 'fed-up'Hope you can help.
David.