Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: parrot 9200 fitting to 944 s2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:16 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6841
Hi I have been struggling to keep my oe spec Blaupunk Bremen tape player playing. It has recently ingested the cassette flap.

It is coupled to the correct Blaupunkt BEA 80 Graphic Equaliser, so it looks very period, which is how I like it.

I do want to play my music more easily, my local ICE centre recommended the Parrot 9200.

Has anyone fitted one to their 944/68 and if so would they recommend doing so.

I am not really bothered about the phone connectivity side of things, just the ipod connectivity.

Any thoughts

Cheers

Mark

Post subject: Re: parrot 9200 fitting to 944 s2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:05 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6089
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I have one on my Mazda, and generally speaking it does seem to work okay.

The only odd thing is that the volume of the music is not controlled by the radio, but the volume control on the phone or the little remote that comes with the Parrot.

I haven't played too much with it, so I don't know how the radio controls the bias between left and right and front and back, assuming it can.

It comes with a couple of leads so you can connect your iPod or USB device. Never used it with an iPod so don't know how it behaves, just used my iPhone.

All the best,

RDO

................: MG Midget (Aqua - KUR 643L)

Post subject: Re: parrot 9200 fitting to 944 s2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:28 am 

TIPEC membership: 6974
My Boxster came with a Parrot MKi9200 (I am assuming thats the model they are trying to sell you?) fitted & its a great piece of kit for controlling your phone, ipod etc exactly replicating ipod controlls via the mentioned wheel control + mine had its own screen to show you the menus you were controlling. Its plug & play with the right leads so easy to install. You can change the colours of menus/screen etc to suit car interior & even have your own pic as background. For some reason in the Boxster it uses its own in built amplifier to drive the speakers rather than the vehicles so whilst it was fine with the roof up it didnt have the capacity to be loud enough with the roof down but you wont get that in a tin top. I replaced it earlier this year with a Sony head unit that did everything the Parrott did. In your situationI would put the money towards a decent head unit (not sure if you could find something retro looking) as the Parrots are expensive. The only other thing that annoyed me with the Parrot was that the control wheel wasnt illuminated (it works wirelessly using a C2032 battery).

HTH

2003 Midnight Blue Boxster & Swift Sport
Lichfield, Staff's