Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Why wont my Boxster move??????
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:52 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Please help me - I have a 2005 Boxster s - which I have loved for two years but suddenly we are not getting on so well!!
Last night I went to park my car - it started fine but as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator it stalled - it was weird because before the stall the lights flickered a couple of times and it seemed to be revving itself slightly.
Any way I left it I thought maybe this morning it may want to go somewhere (like the shops!!) but its done the same, for a couple of days the exhaust has been smoking on start up to.
Ive just had all the coil packs replaced, new suspension, tyres and break discs -so you can see Im loving my car but would like it to drive I cant even get it to the garage.
Another weird thing very wet weather recently and my ABS and PBS light flashed fault the other day which has happened once before a while back also when it was wet, after driving back stopping for fuel and restarting these went off.
Any ideas before I track my mechanic down???
Thanks in anticipation

Post subject: Re: Why wont my Boxster move??????
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:05 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Maggie, firstly Hi & welcome :wink:

No idle could be lots of things, is the battery a bit low? It might be worth letting it run for a while, with lights & heater off & see if it is OK when warmed through.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm 

Thanks Jim for your quick response - It wont run without assistance I will go try now and leave my foot on the accelerator till it warms up a little and see if it will at least run it would be a start - its lack of power reminds me of when one of the coils went but the car did still run then, although not very fast!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:46 pm 

Right that warm up thing didnt work - i kept it ticking for maybe a couple of minutes but it seemed to be over compensating my revving by revving itself some more - it seemed to be shaking a little - I turned it again when it stalled as soon as I took the gas off and it did the same - then I guess Ive flooded it as it didnt want to start. Unusual though is that when I initially put my key in it flashes up ignition key not removed which Ive never seen before - this is a new key Ive had about a month ???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm 

Update for anyone who may experience a similar problem - the mechanics found no electrical faults and is pretty sure I may have water in my fuel - hopefully sorted tomorrow. :D