Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:47 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Boxster alarm again!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hello all, does anyone know if I can lock my 99 986 Boxster without arming the alarm? it's had a mind of it's own lately and it went off at 04.30 last night! I've given up trying to find the problem and just want to be able to lock it tonight and relax knowing it won't make my neighbours start to hate me :( Thanks.
Andy Bruce.

Post subject: Re: Boxster alarm again!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:53 am 

TIPEC membership: 6030
Did you get any sleep Brucey?

JOIN THE CLUB, CLICK HERE

2003 996TT

Due to the current economic climate, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:42 pm 

several area's to check.....

check under passenger seat for water ingress this is where alarm module is
check drains under soft top
check under front bonnet drains are clear as they build up with water and the siren is under the passenger side scuttle panel, there was a known fault with the early 986 sirens
other option is a fault unit somewhere...

locking with key may not arm alarm not 100%sure though

All aspects of Porsche servicing and repairs carried out, discounts for tipec members

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:09 pm 

Lee 944 wrote:

:lol: Funnily enough my 7 month old baby daughter Isabelle who normally sleeps right through the night has just started sprouting some peggies and that same night decided to wake up screaming at 03.00 and didn't go back to sleep until 04.00! Back in bed for 30 mins and then wee ooh wee ooh wee ooh and the fu##ing thing wouldn't stop!!! The combination of that and the fact that I hadn't got in bed that night until 02.30 after having a few cheeky cans in the house made me want to smash it up! If the neighbours were watching I must of looked like Basil fawlty threatening to thrash it to within an inch of it's life (only I didn't have a dinner suit on, I had animal off the muppets pyjamas on and massive pair of Homer Simpson's head slippers :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:23 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6030
Brucey wrote:
Lee 944 wrote:

:lol: Funnily enough my 7 month old baby daughter Isabelle who normally sleeps right through the night has just started sprouting some peggies and that same night decided to wake up screaming at 03.00 and didn't go back to sleep until 04.00! Back in bed for 30 mins and then wee ooh wee ooh wee ooh and the fu##ing thing wouldn't stop!!! The combination of that and the fact that I hadn't got in bed that night until 02.30 after having a few cheeky cans in the house made me want to smash it up! If the neighbours were watching I must of looked like Basil fawlty threatening to thrash it to within an inch of it's life (only I didn't have a dinner suit on, I had animal off the muppets pyjamas on and massive pair of Homer Simpson's head slippers :oops:

You're right, that is funny. It made me laugh out loud, and now the kids want to know what I'm reading on the internet. :lol:

Hope you get it fixed.

JOIN THE CLUB, CLICK HERE

2003 996TT

Due to the current economic climate, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 pm 

Lee 944 wrote:
Brucey wrote:
Lee 944 wrote:

You're right, that is funny. It made me laugh out loud, and now the kids want to know what I'm reading on the internet. :lol:

Hope you get it fixed.

I used to do a bit of stand up a year or two ago and have'nt done any for ages but keep threatening to get back into it. The fact that I typed that with the intention of making you laugh and the fact that I succeeded has just inspired me :D Thanks Lee.
P.S it was a true story though, I genuinely find myself in funny situations all the time :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:39 pm 

dawthan wrote:
several area's to check.....

check under passenger seat for water ingress this is where alarm module is
check drains under soft top
check under front bonnet drains are clear as they build up with water and the siren is under the passenger side scuttle panel, there was a known fault with the early 986 sirens
other option is a fault unit somewhere...

locking with key may not arm alarm not 100%sure though

Thanks Dawthan, I will go through all of the faults you have listed. It's nice to know that someone who's living is Repairing Porsche's is willing to share their knowledge with someone they don't know. :wink: