Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How waterproof is
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:06 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi All.
I have tried a few waterproofers in the past but I was in a boat suppliers the other day and seen some canvas waterproofer, checked it out on Google and no bad reports so thought I'd give it a try, allot cheaper then some of the brand names I've seen.
Try this link I took a short video, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right so you will have to "click on the soft top" to view the short video.

Forgot to say it comes in a tin a well as aerosol, I prefer a tin easier to apply and no over spray. I've heard about the three layers in a soft top, and the chance of grit getting trapped in between the layers, but I would prefer to keep the water out if possible, at the same time if it can repel the water I'm sure it will be repelling all the grit and grime that comes with it.
I tested this product on a umbrella (I know not in the same league as a soft top) and what interested me was that on the section I waterproofed, it repealed the water from the creases, whereas the untreated sections, the water stayed on the very slightly worn fabric of the crease, I should video the difference you would see the effect then, they always say a picture paints a thousand words.
Guvs (Steve)
P.S.
Forgot to give you the details, and to say It is colourless, odourless, and grease less.
Granger's,
Fabsil,
Silicone Waterproofer,
£11.99 for 1 Ltr.
I used .5 of a Ltr. one coat, and got that result. (video Link)

This post has been edited by Guvs: Yesterday, 07:43 PM