Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:16 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: You'll hear my Boxster coming!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7408
[quote][/quote]Well actually only did a run of 40 miles today. my car is in regular use even in winter for last 2 years.
The most recent work apart from basic cleaning has been replacement of slightly rusted main exhaust box with a secondhand cargraphics 986 box spotted in an independent technicians garage.
This was not easy job, as the pipes from the 2 cats were at very slightly different angles to those pipes, so reluctant use of big mallet needed to get on far enough for fitting double clamps. Took about 2 hours total labour with me and technician friend, car 0n 2 post lift as high as reached!
The result is a good looking rear with 2 stainless polished pipes, the box is all s/s tooThe sound is a lot louder at 1500 to 3500 rpm, lots of resonance, then as the revs rise further it is quieter in the car, maybe not at the back.There seems to be no restricting baffles or packing at all in the box, you can fee the pulses from the cylinders at 700 tickover
I'm happy with it , but my wife would like to hear the radio between 30 and er, the legal limit and she is not deaf,----- yet!

These boxes are still available, any body else got one on Boxster or Cayman??